Search for the holy grail of campers

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by MIPeaceDudeCamper, Oct 29, 2012.

1. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

Drive-in movies? Where?

2. Heartman_wa

Heartman_wa Active Member

Just a thought, put 10 & 13 in a tent get an add-a-room and alls good. [2C]

3. BigBaron

We use a tarp with a screen room outside. Tons of room, and it all rolls into two bags...

[​IMG]

4. Ted S.

Ted S. Member

Wow, that's pretty cool BigBaron, where did you get that / who is the mfr? I don't believe I have seen anything like that.

5. BigBaron

They are all over Korea. They are Korean-made by many different companies. Kovea has a bunch to look at. We got this one, ABCamp, because the interior height is higher than the others, and the tarp is a good 6" above the screen room, which is important when it rains or snows.

When we go nuts, we put two or more together... This is without the screen rooms.
    We rarely stay inside the trailer, so I know this would be a great solution for a big family like Mipeacedude.
    The ONLY reason we got a bigger trailer is because the beds were too small in our 8-footer.

[​IMG]

6. Ted S.

Ted S. Member

Thanks, I'll check out Kovea when on a computer, their website is not coming up on my iPad. I like to see equipment from other countries. I like this design. Looks like it could take some wind.

7. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

They can still be found ... I know where some are just a short drive from cg's I've been too ... [;)]

8. Ted S.

Ted S. Member

9. BigBaron

Wonderful! They had to close the one by our old house because of gangs... Grrrr

10. yetibiker

yetibiker Darksider, family adventurer

There is a drive-in theatre in Door County, WI. There is no place finer in all of Wisconsin to camp in the dog days of summer. Pulling into the CG at 2am after a surprise double feature with 4 confused half-sleeping little ones is probably frowned upon, but we're makin memories here.

11. heckufaguy

heckufaguy New Member

When we camped with 4 of the 5 kids (and an extra or two) our Pup was for us, and we'd use it to pack tents for the kids. Of course they were 15 or older.

Now, no kids at home, just the wife and I and two pupsters (115lb malamute and a 60lb husky) and we've gone to a Suburban and a 19'TT. It's heaven and we've not even made it to a campground yet!
    Soon...10 days..