Searching for an original Coleman / Fleetwood awning

Sherronlee

Apr 10, 2020
Northern BC
We really miss our add-a-room and have searched and searched but never been able to find a way to use is since our awning fell off on the highway 5 years ago. We bought a Dometic cabin add-a-room and it is better than nothing but we miss our real add-a-room. I know some people find them too much work, so I am hoping to find someone that has an awning that they just don't use & are willing to part with. It is the larger sized awning we need. Thank you

Eric Webber

Gold Supporting Member
Jul 7, 2018
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I went with a Carefree Campout Awning and their Buena Vista Add a Room for my Arcadia (and before that, for my Coleman Santa Fe - I still use the smaller Santa Fe one on the road side of my Arcadia for longer stays now)

Highly recommend and I think it was quite the upgrade over the factory Add a Room that always seemed musty to me

Sherronlee

Apr 10, 2020
Northern BC
I went with a Carefree Campout Awning and their Buena Vista Add a Room for my Arcadia (and before that, for my Coleman Santa Fe - I still use the smaller Santa Fe one on the road side of my Arcadia for longer stays now)

Highly recommend and I think it was quite the upgrade over the factory Add a Room that always seemed musty to me

Sherronlee

Apr 10, 2020
Northern BC
Thank you for the suggestion! I checked them when you mentioned them, as I knew nothing about them out but I really prefer the original one.

Right now, we are using a Dometic Cabana but we both really miss our old add-a-room. And knowing it is sitting in my storage area but I can't use it, is sad. I am a little OCD when it comes to my trailer, so everything is always perfectly clean and dry before being put away. Our add-a-room is actually from our original 99 Bayside. Still looks like new and has no odor to it.

1651272787300.png

Eric Webber

Gold Supporting Member
Jul 7, 2018
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Thank you for the suggestion! I checked them when you mentioned them, as I knew nothing about them out but I really prefer the original one.

Right now, we are using a Dometic Cabana but we both really miss our old add-a-room. And knowing it is sitting in my storage area but I can't use it, is sad. I am a little OCD when it comes to my trailer, so everything is always perfectly clean and dry before being put away. Our add-a-room is actually from our original 99 Bayside. Still looks like new and has no odor to it.

View attachment 83257
Fair enough! Here’s a pic or two of mine F640B2E4-63B4-47EC-A282-2D3AE0FBDB89.jpeg 0104665F-AF91-4EDF-B021-554789AC6108.jpeg EEF907E1-52C5-41E8-834E-E00F381DFECB.jpeg 05B6ADF6-2459-4647-937B-26C678401968.jpeg 8C491C70-00DF-4945-AD0F-A22B372D0607.jpeg FE4D3C93-4861-4225-A3EC-9C11D7D318F0.jpeg

Sherronlee

Apr 10, 2020
Northern BC
Wow, that is really nice! And not what I saw when I googled it. I wish I had known about this before I got the Dometic Cabana. It doesn't look quite as sturdy as the original one but sure looks lighter weight, which probably makes it easier to install and pack up. How rain proof is it? We live in an area that gets a lot of rain, so being able to withstand 4 or 5 days of raining all day and not leak, is important.

Eric Webber

Gold Supporting Member
Jul 7, 2018
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Wow, that is really nice! And not what I saw when I googled it. I wish I had known about this before I got the Dometic Cabana. It doesn't look quite as sturdy as the original one but sure looks lighter weight, which probably makes it easier to install and pack up. How rain proof is it? We live in an area that gets a lot of rain, so being able to withstand 4 or 5 days of raining all day and not leak, is important.
It’s completely waterproof. Been through a lot of rain- never minded it at all

It’s also plenty sturdy. I like it more than the original but - to each his own

Sherronlee

Apr 10, 2020
Northern BC
Do you by any chance have a link for it? I can't find it when I try googling it ;)

How does it attach to the side of the trailer? Thank you!

Last edited:

Eric Webber

Gold Supporting Member
Jul 7, 2018
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Do you by any chance have a link for it? I can't find it when I try googling it ;)

How does it attach to the side of the trailer? Thank you!
Sure!

Lots of places sell them, but the manufacturer website is

(Awning)

And

(Add a room - choose the bag awning options)

Sizes are in meters, pick the one closest to the camper box size without being too big

Sherronlee

Apr 10, 2020
Northern BC
Sure!

Lots of places sell them, but the manufacturer website is

(Awning)

And

(Add a room - choose the bag awning options)

Sizes are in meters, pick the one closest to the camper box size without being too big
Thank you very much! Now to hope they are available in Canada! lol Worst case scenario, I can have them shipped to my US postal box.

Sherronlee

Apr 10, 2020
Northern BC
They are! I got mine at
RV Part Shop Canada

I’m in Montreal
I love Quebec! We lived for 6 years in St. Etienne, just outside of Quebec City and 6 years in Pointe Des Cascades, near Dorion. I loved it there! I did check those links out but I suspect the line has been discontinued as you can't actually go any further than the links. As soon as you click the "configure" button, you get a page error.

Jwwiff

Jul 16, 2015
Twin Cities, MN

View attachment 83257
We have a cabana room just like that one for our 07 bayside - love it. I have an awing and screen room (not the add-a-room) and like the cabana rooms better. Personal preference.

Sherronlee

Apr 10, 2020
Northern BC
We have a cabana room just like that one for our 07 bayside - love it. I have an awing and screen room (not the add-a-room) and like the cabana rooms better. Personal preference.
Sorry, I am confused. Are you saying you currently have both systems but prefer the cabana room? If so, would you be interested in selling your awning that goes with the add-a-room?

Jwwiff

Jul 16, 2015
Twin Cities, MN
Yes - we have both. I don’t have the add-a-room but the screen room - no covers for the windows. I prefer the Dometic cabana room because it will close up and I find it a bit easier to put up.

As for selling the awning and screen room, the awning has metal legs that don’t fold up very well and it would probably cost a fortune to ship to BC if I was to sell it.

Sherronlee

Apr 10, 2020
Northern BC
Yes - we have both. I don’t have the add-a-room but the screen room - no covers for the windows. I prefer the Dometic cabana room because it will close up and I find it a bit easier to put up.

As for selling the awning and screen room, the awning has metal legs that don’t fold up very well and it would probably cost a fortune to ship to BC if I was to sell it.
What part of Ontario are you in? My son-in-law's parents are driving out here next month in the camperized van. I wonder if they could strap in onto their roof and bring it here?

awsandlin

Super Active Member
Mar 3, 2008
I have an "add a room" that came with a 2004 Colman/Fleetwood. It has never been used. The bag has a hole in it but I think everything else is okay. If someone wants it I would give it away at no charge. The receiver would need to handle the shipping.

Sherronlee

Apr 10, 2020
Northern BC
I have an "add a room" that came with a 2004 Colman/Fleetwood. It has never been used. The bag has a hole in it but I think everything else is okay. If someone wants it I would give it away at no charge. The receiver would need to handle the shipping.
There was someone on here searching for one. I will see if I can find it and let him know. Where are you located? Thanks

Latest posts