Season opener

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by clay, Mar 12, 2010.

1. clay

clay Pop up...then Pop-a-Top...my friend.

Who's making, or has made reservations, for he 1st week of April to kick-off the camping season?
    I was all set to make reservations for Bailey (my canine pup) and myself at the near-by local SP, only to find...no one else has booked a site. Rather odd don't you think?
    Not even TT's.
    With pie irons in hand, I'm ready to go. What say you?
    Happy Spring from Western Pa. [:D]
    Don't forget to set your clocks back Sun. A.M.

2. mschepac

mschepac South Jersey

We have the last weekend in march open. We are looking to book it up. I prefer no people in the camps. [;)]
    ms

3. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

We had our season opener Jan 1 and 2nd. Hope to get out in the next two weeks. Got two weekends in april going boondocking!!!!!

4. awsandlin

awsandlin Active Member

I did a campout with my youngest son last weekend at Fairfield Lake State Park just to scope the place out for spring break this coming week. I will be going back there this week with my entire family.

5. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

We'll be finishing up the renovation on the pup in early April, at least that's the plan. We have reservations, and a backpacking permit for DH, for Grand Canyon in mid-April, so that's looking like the season opener for us. We'd thought maybe we'd get out at the end of this month, but the renovation is (surprise!) taking longer than we'd hoped.

6. RayT38

RayT38 It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission

We are hoping for a trip down the eastern seaboard from Maine to Miami...a last hurrah with a graduating senior, and to check out his college for next year. We plan on a stop at Busch Gardens in Va., a stop at Universal Studios, and then, Johnson and Wales University. And back....lots of fun with two eighteen year olds, lol

7. campingranny

campingranny Active Member

I tried to make a reservation for Laurel Hill the first week of April but it would not accept it. I think maybe that the opening date is not the 1st but the 16th because that's the first date that it would allow me to reserve. Can't wait to go. The clocks set ahead an hour for tonight not back. Remember fall back and spring ahead.

8. RhinoDave

RhinoDave Active Member

Ever since I retired, I have developed a severe case of lack of commitment. We've become more of a spur of the moment campers. I generally set the second or third week of April as my first outing but won't make a final decision until I have good idea of what the weather is going to be like. Middle of the week camping usually means no issue with getting a site. Going to try and meet up with the GLPUC group in April but I won't make a commitment until I know if the weather is good for the weekend.

9. KateTheKamper

KateTheKamper Member

Our "season opener" is not until Memorial Day weekend. That said....if the weather is good to us, it wouldn't be out of the question to make a spur of the moment decision to go sooner than that. And I'm hoping that's exactly what happens! [8D]

10. hanson1522

hanson1522 Belleville, IL

Hoping to get out the weekend of April 17th for Nate's birthday. [:D]

11. Albert and Melanie

Albert and Melanie The "pup" Palace

Well, we're supposed to be out there right NOW, but the Peterbilt had other ideas... [:(!] Anybody know how to adjust a clutch on a Pete? [:(O]

12. TwoHappyCampers

TwoHappyCampers New Member

Our first weekend is Memorial Day weekend. We hope to get out before that, but all depends on the weather. April around here can be cold, rainy/snowy, or just beautiful. Also, we have to get the garden in.

13. candleems

candleems Member

2nd weekend of April, French Creek, with the Portal. Just need to unbox the Mr. Buddy and figure out how it works!

14. ArmedinGB

ArmedinGB New Member

Just booked a weekend in May. I hope I can get the pup ready by then. [PU]

15. Island Ranger

Island Ranger New Member

Can't do anything for a while now have a few family issues to sort out [:!] but am optimistic for later in the year, the portal is my only salvation for now

16. Racebear

Racebear New Member

Memorial Day Weekend is booked for us. I will be done getting pup ready in early May. Can't wait! [:D]

17. busdriverwc75

busdriverwc75 Chester County, PA

We're heading to French Creek this wknd. I just saw an optimistic weather forecast, so I made ressies about 5 mins ago.

18. mred

mred 2008 Fleetwood Avalon, 2001 f350

Hitting Raystown lake the week after Easter. They don't take reservations untill may so it should be nice and empty... All the better for us [:D] [:D] [}:)]

19. Bummer72

Bummer72 Lancaster, PA

Suzanne, we'll may just see you there.

20. dgarbers

dgarbers New Member

RayT38 - What a Great idea! A last hurrah trip before college! I will have to file that one away in the future trip ideas notebook!

We have no ressies yet. [:(] But, I hope to start that next weekend. Too much going on with my Irish dancing girls during St. Pat's week. Who knew that it was a week long holiday!?

We hope that the rain stops here and we can go camping sometime in April when it is not spring break week.
    We just decided on a cg relatively close to us for a season opener trip.