Securing medication

Discussion in 'Camping for the Medically/Physically Challenged' started by StealthGeek, Aug 21, 2015.

1. sawdusty

sawdusty San Antonio

Keep It Simple: A small personal cooler with enough blue ice or alternate and store in locked tow vehicle and don't let anyone know that you have something so valuable.

Good Luck.

2. WeRJuliIan

WeRJuliIan If it's "Aluminum", why not "Sodum" and "Uranum"?

I can't help thinking that installing a lockbox or a gun safe in a PUP would be a bit pointless, unless you're planning major structural changes. A safe is only as good as the structure it's attached to, and most PUPs seem to be about as strong as wet cardboard, so it would be very easy just to rip the whole thing out and break into it elsewhere, at leisure. (I used to work for an office supply company, and a customer had their shiny new safe stolen by somebody who simply tied a chain around it, hitched it to a truck outside and drove away very fast...)

I'd say concealment is a better option... There may not be room for the traditional revolving bookcase, but a false back to a drawer, or an inconspicuous box attached inside of a locker, could work as well. Label it "sewage valve" and that should deter any interest...

3. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Is that street value, because [:O]????

I agree with not advertising that you have them and nobody will be looking. Simple as that.

Best answer award. [:D]

4. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

after reading all this, if i had to hide something in my popup, there is a small step to the back bed, covered in carpet. second choice would be a thin cigar box that i could velcro to underside of counter in potty cabinet. or under flip over sink. or in the fridge? go to a "head" shop and ask for incognito stash cans. or add the "secret" fake electrical outlet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

J Starsky likes this.
  5. J Starsky

J Starsky Well-Known Member

I love the fake outlet cover!

If you sandwich a steel plate or metal strap under the small lockbox to the floor, they'd have to rip all that out, and make some racket to do it. I dunno, I keep a lot of tools with me - drills, sockets, wrenches. I worry about them, but keep them hidden and all is well. They'll take my TV and small laptop firstly. Those were both pawn shop purchases just for camping purposes.

6. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

You can buy things to hide your drugs . A fake Lysol can or something like that.

7. daschnoz

daschnoz Active Member

8. J Starsky

J Starsky Well-Known Member

My old man hid $$ in a Steak 'ems box! Who's gonna look in that stuff - I ain't eating that! They use to make coke cans as well.