Seen on the road

Nandy

Super Active Member
Mar 29, 2010
Well, not really camping but since it is a towing issue I guess we can fit it here somewhere....
So, lets do some Sesame Street thing here, can anyone tell me what is wrong with this picture?

20150509_175037_e.jpg

I had to set the camera to multishots after trying to get side to side with them at a few stop lights....
It is obvious this hitch receiver does not have the locking latch any longer and I am sure this is not the first time they done this....

All I could say was... Really!?!?!?!?!?

vike-king

My worst camping trip ever, was terriffic!
Aug 29, 2012
Also look at that cheap chain and caribiner. There's never a cop around when this stuff happens.

R00

Super Active Member
Aug 10, 2014
What's the problem? He's got some baling twine tied around the HF multi-ball shank. Should be all good!

jmichaelsk

Aug 3, 2014
I didnt get a pic of it , but tonight i saw a bounder with a explorer on the 2 wheel tow dolly. The right side was at least a foot lower and it kept swerving to the right. The wheel straps and safety chains were dragging the ground, not connected. Dont know how it was still on there. Yes I called the highway patrol.

real lite virgin

Rob,Suzanne & Jessie - Black Lab
Apr 15, 2010
Wrenchgear said:
If you have a shot there with the whole license plate in plane view, take it in to the cops. I'm sure they'd like to see it.
Be careful about taking pictures like this to the police. If you did that here you would probably get a ticket yourself for using an electronic device while driving.

Rob

adrianpglover

Super Active Member
Jul 8, 2014
Texas
You have at least 3 digits out of the 7 of the Texas license plates. Even without the full plate number they may be able to figure it out. From the back end you can tell it's a Ford F250 or F350 from one of the last two generations (about a decade or so) and you know the color. At least in Texas, if you're outside of Austin and a few other cities when you took the picture, there's no law against it. If you're in NC when you took the picture, I'm not sure what the law states.

yetavon

everything is better around a campfire.
Mar 11, 2010
Western NC
Drove up on this on I-81 in PA last year and talked to them at a fuel stop. Brand new MH and dolly, and bent the dolly frame backing up on day 3.
0620131952_zps0ungjlle.jpg

Nandy

Super Active Member
Mar 29, 2010
Wrenchgear said:
If you have a shot there with the whole license plate in plane view, take it in to the cops. I'm sure they'd like to see it.

Out of state lic plate, cops here wouldn't care less.

I had someone stole over $1k of my property last year(that's a felony). CMPD will just take the complaint and wont do crap. I found part of my property on my own, sent them (actually had to wait for them and get late to work) to the pawnshop. Id my property, they had the pawnshop pull the id of the person that pawn it and it was who I told them it was. they wanted the person new address, how they heck am I supposed to do that? I told them which school the person went to, they would just not do anything, after 3 months of them sitting on it and the person leaving the city I had to get my lawyer friend involved. Finally they got a warrant for the person arrest. Person still lives in NC and still at large...

So, in short order, they will probably give ME a ticket for reckless driving than bother going after the TX driver....