'Send a Message' & 'Post to a member's profile'

Discussion in 'Hey PUP Staff, Let me tell you what I think!' started by davekro, May 18, 2021.

1. davekro

davekro Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Hello fearless pup staff,
    I was reaching out to two previously active members (Orchid & GreyFox) with a question. Then I noticed their last activity was Sept. & October 2020 respectively. I assumed they would only 'see' a private message or message on their profile once they decided to visit this site again. But I thought I'd ask, on the off chance that a PM or Profile message* auto generated an email to them to let them know they had a message(s).

I found myself on GreyFox's profile page, saw a filed for a message and filled one in. Later I realized that was not the same as 'Send a Message'. What is the difference?

Thank you for all your time and effort behind the scenes keeping this site moving along nicely!

Dave

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Depending on how they have their settings set, they'll recieve an email.. myself, I have mine set to no emails.. think the only one who can send an email too me is Steve as administrator..

I'm not 100% sure where GreyFox is these days, haven't seen him on the usual sites.. he might be hanging out on RV.net.. he changes from one forum to another every couple years..

3. davekro

Snow,
    Thanks for the info on msgs. And glad to hear likely nothing to worry about GreyFox's circumstances for not being on this site in a while. Especially with the year we have had, the 7-8 months of no Orchid or GreyFox did make me worry for a moment. But I'll just keep in mind all is good in their lives and circumstances.

Best,
    Dave

4. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

I haven't heard anything about GreyFox from mutual friends we have. So I assume everything is good with him.. Someone had asked last week about orchid, another member who chats with her outside of here said she was doing good just taking a break..

5. davekro

Snow,
    I appreciate the updates on these two portal community members! Good to know all is A OK.

I did not see a setting for specifically 'messages'. But it surely is tied to one of the other 'send an email settings because I sent a 'Message' to Don_D yesterday, who had not been on the board since 2017. I got a response in 15 minutes! Boy was I pleasantly surprised! [:D]

Thank you sir