September 2019 - What did you do for your camper this month?

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by kitphantom, Aug 29, 2019.

1. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We picked the TT up from the shop yesterday, yearly inspection/PM done, and refrigerator re-secured. They even managed to reuse the decorative piece we'd added at the top of the fridge niche, after the original board broke off, which we did not expect.
    Since they're waiting for the new piece of siding, they haven't even charged us yet, which was also a surprise. By the time we get back from 2+ weeks in AZ, the siding should have arrived and we can have that installed. In the meantime, they put a new awning arm bracket on, sealed the holes in the holes in the siding, and have the awning secure and usable.
    Got it parked at home and turned the fridge on, putting a couple of blue ice in each section. This morning, it's right on target, so I can start moving things back into the fridge and TT.

2. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Slept in It overnight waiting for carpets to dry in the house

bheff, Sjm9911 and kitphantom like this.
  3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

We need pictures!

4. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

Knee replacement coming up on Oct first. Joy and I spent some time cleaning, taking some things not used out and getting the camper ready to be covered for the winter. Sad that we missed camping opportunities this month.

FARfetched and Sjm9911 like this.
  5. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I ain't done diddliysquat. Haven't touched it for a couple months, although I did open the door a week or two ago to look for something.

6. kitphantom

Got a start on getting it ready for the trip in Oct. Moved some things back into the fridge.
    This morning, the bathroom fan was rattling, and we can't see where it's coming from. It's been on pretty much at home 24/7 all summer, to help with heat build up, so we figure we need to give it a good cleaning. It's not exactly easy to get to that fan, it has to be accessed from the outside, and the MaxxAir vent removed to do that. It may have to wait for later.

7. YellowCityGuy

YellowCityGuy Member

So sad. I winterized today. What with the DQT's band schedule, we'll not have time to get another trip in before freezing weather sets in.

Opened the PUP up and cleaned out the last bits from our last trip, then drained the water tank and ran pink stuff into all the water lines. I put some in the toilet casette and ran a little into both the sink and shower drains. We pulled out the bedding to be washed and stored.

I shed a small tear as I put her down for her long winter nap. Looking forward to Spring Break in March - we'll be taking it down to Canyon Lake by San Antonio.

8. kitphantom

Installed snaps (KAM snap brand) on the curtains, since they have tended to gap annoyingly. Swept, mopped, and put down throw rugs, since some lows will be in the 30s. Fridge and freezer are more than half-packed, with a list of last minute additions. Restocked paper goods, etc. and started a shopping list for this week - we have paper cups to last several years, no extra bowls or napkins - some year we may come out even.

9. FARfetched

FARfetched Active Member

Yeah, I know it's Oct 1 now, but this is what I did in Sep:

Took it out camping!

Fixed the sink hand pump mount. They cut the hole in the countertop just a little too big, and there was no wood for the screws to bite into. I fixed it by replacing the wood screws with machine screws, nuts and washers. The washers catch the corners and hold tight. I want to replace that countertop eventually.

Also got out the stapler and tacked up the weatherstrip on the front (king) bunk. The PO left it loose, about 6" of strip still attached. 10 minute fix, including the time needed to push the bunk in about a foot so I could get the stapler into position.

It's opened up in the driveway now, waiting for me to deal with a few things.

10. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

Replaced the faucet with a good one while camping. Gave it a good bath. Sealed the roof trim on the sides with Dicor. Ordered new tires but wont install them until spring. Might get one or 2 more trips before I'll winterize it.