Seward Military Resort/RV

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by generok, Sep 1, 2013.

1. generok

generok Well-Known Member

Well, I've been here a few times before, but never in the summer and never in an RV. They have rooms and RV sites. There are 40 sites, each with 15, 30 and 50 amp service and each with water. There is no sewer at the site, but the dump station is very easy to get to. The sites are a little close to one another, and you can't have an open fire inside the RV parking area, but there are community fire pits around the perimeter of the RV parking.

The shower and bathroom were some of the cleanest I've ever seen. Plenty of free hot water, and the restroom/shower is key card locked, so only guests are in there.

The resort also has the best indoor fish processing house I've seen with professional vacuum sealer units and GREAT tables to process fish on. Not only that, but guests can put their processed catch in the freezer there and take their fish "out of possession" so you can keep fishing for more! That's a nice touch.

The resort grounds are nice, with plenty of playgrounds for kids and a bar and small grill for some food if you don't feel like cooking.

The CG is about 4 miles from the center of town, but it's nice and quiet where we were. The view is pretty nice though.

Alas, only military, retired military or their bona fide guests are able to camp or stay here, or use the fish house. But, if you're military affiliated, it's worth a stay.

Here's a picture of our site... not a bad backdrop!

[​IMG]

2. generok

UPDATE 2014:

Not much has changed. Bathrooms still very, very clean. As of noon today, the CG is closed for the season. It will reopen Memorial Day weekend. The resort, however, is still open.

3. generok

UPDATE 2015: Not much change on the RV side of things. The main lodge/office was having its entire deck and main steps replaced, so there was a bit of construction, but it should be done by the end of the summer. There's now either a new rule, or revived enforcement of an old rule to have a vehicle parking permit in your windshield. What that means is you need to know your license plate when you check in because they put it on the permit and your invoice. I never can remember my TV plate info, so it was a hassle to go out, round the deck construction and come back in. Anyway, that was new. We also discovered the sites at the other end of the row were configured with the power and water pole further forward in the site. We actually had to go buy a 10' drinking water hose so we could connect up. I keep it as a spare now. The place is still great though, and one of my favorite places to camp due to the fantastic showers!

4. generok

5. generok

2017 season update:

Rates went up slightly this year. Not much has changed otherwise. Still a good value.

6. generok

2018 season update:

Not much has changed except our perception. Now that we're self contained, we're not as big of fan of the place. The spaces are very tight, and that causes a lot of cut through walking in the sites. We also essentially had folks using our canopy to have a late night chat session right outside out window, which I thought was kind of odd. The facilities are still great, but actually, I'd prefer to be at a place with more space now that I can shower in my own rig.