Share Photos of Your HTT Mods

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by dschlosser, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Steveo4090

Steveo4090 Well-Known Member

After my 1st shower in our new hybrid I realized I needed to find a way to keep the cold shower curtain from constantly clinging to my back. We have a fairly small corner shower.

I used a short piece of 3/4" PEX pipe so it would be flexible but not eventually get brittle like cpvc would. I used 2 metal command hooks for the ends and a small "s" hook to hold up the middle. The hook is held by some 12 lb fishing line attached to the curtain hook above. The PEX pipe is just long enough to keep the curtain off you but still be safely inside the shower pan.

You have to hook up one side and the "s" hook each time you shower but it's totally worth the effort. One added benefit that I didn't plan on is that you can tuck the curtain under the command hook so they stay tight to the wall. I have 3 kids so this is a huge bonus for keeping the water INSIDE the shower! [:D]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    cyclop5 likes this.
  2. Enz0

Enz0 Member

New to me hybrid, got just a couple weeks ago. First update, shelves in the wardrobe. 1x2 frames glued and brad-nailed together with 5mm underlayment for shelves. Finished them with a clear coat of shellac. Nothing is attached to the camper walls, so it can be disassembled/removed if needed. Also learned the back of the cabinet is 1/2 wider than the front.

20210320_213723.jpg

20210321_202159.jpg

20210321_202210.jpg

Sjm9911, Skidz and Jim K in PA like this.
  3. Skidz

Skidz New Member

Do you have any pics of the endpoint connections? This sounds like a great idea!

4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Nice job , i was going to do something simmiler but with solid sides. This is lighter. I still will not do it, but thats because im lazy!

5. Steveo4090

I may have a picture of the but I just used the command hooks that have the metal wire hook that can swivel up/down and put the end of the hook into a hole I drilled in the pex pipe. I'll look for a picture for you though.

6. Steveo4090

7. nickap

nickap Member

Our camper didn't have any kind of trash container in the kitchen area; since we have more than enough storage space, I decided to use the lower part of the cabinet below the sink to add a slide-out trash container. I installed full extension under-mount drawer slides and made an L-shaped plywood deeley to mount on the slides, with a handle on the front. Screwed a couple of small trash baskets from a dollar store onto the bottom of the L. This works very well for us - it's not a great deal of space, but it's enough for table scraps etc., and we empty it periodically into a full-size crash container that we keep outside the camper. We use the front basket for trash and the rear one for recyclables, but you could use both for trash if you were filling up one basket too quickly.

20210613_163416.jpg 20210613_163434.jpg

myride likes this.
  8. Steveo4090

I did change the ends a bit to make the whole thing work better. I just added some large snap swivels (fishing tackle) to the holes in the pex and the other round end goes over the hook. Now it doesn't come off the hook quite as easily.