She said what to me?!?

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by bondebond, Feb 22, 2013.

1. bondebond

bondebond New Member

It's Friday. It's been a hard week and it looks like the first break in weather in a while. Time to tackle some "get the PUP ready" things among many other things this weekend.

At 3:00 this afternoon, I get a text: good weekend to go camping

Really? I have a scout banquet tomorrow night and I haven't even done the programs yet, some folks coming in the morning to pick up a refrigerator, and stuff at church Sunday morning. And the camper hasn't been dewinterized at all. Ugggg.

Fast forward version: I have a stack of programs to fold, the refrigerator got picked up tonight, called in a substitute at church and it's a darn good thing that I did NOT dewinterize as it is a good 15 degrees colder where we are from where she checked the weather forecast back at our home. 40 miles away and up in the upper hills of AR makes a big difference this time of year.

Kids are snuggled in bed, full of hot chocolate. So is the DW. If not for the currently 32 degrees outside, I'd say it was as perfect as it gets. I'm just a little concerned about the remaining LP tank making it till morning. Otherwise, we're toasty peas in a pod.

And pretty much the only ones in the entire park (duh!). I have a wonderful wife.

:)

2. Campit

Campit EAT SLEEP CAMP

"And pretty much the only ones in the entire park (duh!). I have a wonderful wife."
    bondebond, and you better keep her! [LOL] Have fun!

Campit

3. BarbaraFaith

BarbaraFaith New Member

Spur of the moment camping trips are the best.

4. daveo1289

daveo1289 Well-Known Member

I used to really enjoy those trips. Come home, tell the DW where I'd be and go. She wasn't as enthusiastic as I doing spur of the moment trips though.

5. Yooperwannabe

Yooperwannabe Active Member

I would also say reverse is also true. She has a wonderful husband. No one in my family, other than the grandkids, would be willing to go camping right now. Enjoy it for those of us who are stuck at home.

6. bccamper

bccamper Member

Congrats and have fun! Sometimes the spur of the moment trips can be the best ones.