Sheets? Sleeping Bag?

BelchFire

I speak fluent vise-grip
Mar 29, 2012
SE Georgia
But I really don't want to hear about you guys sleeping commando. [;)]

What's the general consensus? [SNZ] Sheets or sleeping bags?

Snow

Super Active Member
Jul 19, 2007
We do sleeping bags.. just find them more convenient then sheets ..

fritz_monroe

Super Active Member
Jan 31, 2006
Commando. [}:)] Oh, sorry, you said you DIDN'T want to hear about that.

Both, it really depends on the trip. We have a trip in June that goes up a bit in elevation. Last year we were a little cold using sheets and blankets, so this year we are taking the sleeping bags.

riverwalker

Jul 25, 2010
Sheets on mattress and sleeping bags for comforters for us, sheets roll up nice inside bags to, and we keep the kids in sleeping bags.
when you end up with real humid or rainy weather being able to roll the sheets up tight once up makes a hugh difference keeping the humidity out for the next night.

backwoodsmama

Mar 31, 2012
Yup....Fitted sheet, top flat sheet and sleeping bag for comforter. Works the best. Then, we can just roll up and store our bags for the next trip.

Hacksaw

Super Active Member
Aug 23, 2009
800 thread count sheets ! (they were too small for our 3 foot thick bed at home) There is nothing better than crawling in to the nice cool feeling that luxurious sheets give.

Barbfdny

Barb, Lee, Kate, Richie, A.J. and Sasha
Sep 13, 2010
For DH and I..fitted sheet on bottom, flat sheet, king size blanket and in the beginning of the season..our king size feather comforter that weighs a ton, in the warmer part of the season we switch to a lighter comforter. We tried the sleeping bags with my boys and found they unzipped and was too warm most nights so they do twin size comforters and 2 or 3 of their fav blankets. I always make the beds in the pup before we put it down so when we get to the site, we pop it and its all set.

Mountdream

Dec 27, 2010
We like fitted sheets and a fluffy down comforter. It's cold at night in the mountains—being able to snuggle up is a must!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gketchup

Feb 23, 2012
We do sheets and 1-3 quilts, depending on weather. I love being able to leave the bed made when the camper if folded down, it's just one less thing mom has to set up when we get to the campground! The kids have their sleeping bags and when we go to bed, I throw another blanket on them. It seems the Buzz Lightyear and Cinderella sleeping bags are more for looks than warmth!?! Who knew! [;)]

Flyfisherman

Super Active Member
Mar 4, 2003
Shallotte, North Carolina
How about both ...?

We like those form fitting sheets that fit over the bunk end mattress. Then, if warmer weather, maybe just a sheet for covers is all that's needed. A little cooler, a blanket - cooler yet, using the unzipped sleeping bag as a comforter. Down right cold, just zip up the sleeping bag and use that as it was designed. Here's a pic showing one of those form fitting sheets that was a favorite ~

DSCF0289.jpg

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
We decided we'd reserve the sleeping bags for ground camping, esp. in the old pup where things were a bit tight. We used the down sleeping bag as a comforter on the cold trip to Grand Canyon in the fall, but it kept slithering off the bed.
We use flannel sheets (which we use year-round at home, too), with Polartec blankets and I'm working on quilts with wool batting. We have some fleecy sheets for really cold weather, they were very nice on the fall trip. An electric mattress pad for cold weather trips with hook-ups.
One thing that is great with sheets and blankets is that they are more adjustable - by adding and removing layers it is easier to stay comfortable. since we can encounter temperatures ranging from freezing to really hot on the same trip, that is a big plus.

Bonniy

arizona bred and born
Nov 12, 2006
we do both, we have the sheets and blankets, and take a sleeping bag for when it gets cold, never know when you might need some more bedding to stay warm