Short Fuse

Discussion in 'Wiring' started by generok, Sep 15, 2021.

1. generok

generok Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Ok, I'm done messing around with blister packs of fuses! Just ordered this 340 piece kit for $20"

upload_2021-9-14_20-14-44.png
    That'll teach me!

upload_2021-9-14_20-14-44.png

2. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

That should do you for a while.

I generally pick them up a flea markets for 5 for a buck or so. I believe they along with small bulbs for about the same price are from recycled cars.

I keep an handful of the bigger ones in my TT to handout to people who want to turn their running lights on at night.

I need an even wider range of fuses than that kit. One of my truck had round glass fuses. Some real oddball sizes, too. I also have a Mercedes. They take a special fuse that looks like a capsule with the copper fusible link on the outside.

61KGI4IvH8L._AC_SS450_.jpg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    generok and Sjm9911 like this.
  3. Grandpa Don

Grandpa Don Well-Known Member

On one of my exploration trips out in the desert with my Quad, I found a late model abandoned car. It had been stripped of all valuable parts. No engine, transmission, rear end, tires and most of the interior was missing. And of course as with anything left out in the desert, it was shot full of holes. But the fuse box was still there and contained all of the fuses. There was about two dozen fuses in there. I got out my small pliers and removed all of them. So now I have a good supply of fused. They ranged in value from 30 amps, down to 5 amps and everything in between.

neighbormike, generok and xxxapache like this.
  4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Fuses are something you shouldn't by cheap ........it is a safety thing .......... a major brand instead of an offshore unknown is all that I would use. They have to do their job correctly or there will be big damage. Just saying.

5. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

If you drive a Ram you also need those fancy cartridge fuses..

Attached Files:

xxxapache likes this.
  6. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Fords too.

xxxapache likes this.
  7. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

I have started doing away with fuses completely. There are breakers available to replace pretty much any fuse. Trip the breaker just push the little button. You can get auto resetting ones too, but I prefer the manual except for crucial things like the charge wire. Put a self resetting 15 amp on your charge wire and don't worry about over charging burning up you 7-pin plug.

generok likes this.