Short trip Kiptopeke State Park

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by jmkay1, Jun 10, 2021 at 7:58 PM.

1. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah Gold Supporting Member

I just came back from a short 3 night trip at Kiptopeke State Park on the Virginia Eastern shore. It was my first time there. The trip was mainly just to get away for a quick breather. (Helping take care of mom). This trip was kind of last minute so just grabbed what ever I could find. Everything was pretty booked though in all state parks. I just lucked out.
    Not very many beneficial trees and the awning faced the sun so didn't get much break from it until I rigged up a solar shade. Thank goodness for tarp clips and bungies. Then of course it would rain in the middle of the night just before I had to leave so everything was wet and of all times when I had to pack first thing the AM so I can get on the road. (Promised my boss I was going to work in the afternoon). Stupid promise, but I screwed my vacation days up so had to compromise. I would love to go again and try out the hiking trails but I was so mentally drained I just wanted to do nothing than lounge and relax. IMG_20210608_104758312_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210607_191657562_HDR.jpg

2. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Glad you were able to get out and give yourself a break!! Looks like you had a nice setup!

3. tfischer

tfischer A bad day camping beats a good day at the office Gold Supporting Member

Glad you had a good time. They really need to get some trees growing, that looks like camping in a field.

4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah Gold Supporting Member

. I agree, not my favorite type of camp site, I much prefer more private with trees. At the very least a buffer of bushes behind the site. I get what they are trying to do. Enable all size campers and their boats to be able to park freely within their site markers without worry of length or width hitting something . However it comes with a cost, lost of privacy. I at least had a good buffer between mine and the sites behind me and surprisingly very few people walked back there. One nice thing about the grass much softer on feet then hard gravel I find everywhere else I camp. Apparently in the tent only section they left a ton of trees.

5. tfischer

tfischer A bad day camping beats a good day at the office Gold Supporting Member

I hope they didn't actually *remove* trees to make the RV section.