Show me your lights

I want to add some lighting inside of my A-frame. We have shelves that attach to the wall over the stove and sink. Truthfully I wanna do some Glamping! What do you use for lighting, other than the lights that come on the roof

Attachments

• B020FA1B-4889-484F-A0AA-CB0FA3279A13.jpeg
    B020FA1B-4889-484F-A0AA-CB0FA3279A13.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 70

Papa Glenn

Nov 24, 2020
We have an LED lantern that looks like an old kerosine lantern. It’s got a dimmer so we can have just the right amount of mood lighting. No wiring, batteries last a long time and we can use it inside or out.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
When i had the pup, o had a led color changing strip that i put around the camper. Bonous you could dim it and put it on a color to not attract mosquitoes. Best use, for when my daughter was little and trying to find the toilet. You could do a strip light like that on the shelves. Or some x mass lights, they never go out of season, or so my neighbor reminds me everyday when i pull up to my house at night.

generok

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 7, 2013
Anchorage, AK
shopping

Used this for years in the PUP, and still have it in the TT. It's not glamping, but it works in so many locations.

I think they also make a rechargeable one now.

S4nsc

Jan 30, 2021
St Augustine, FL
DW had me put up some dangly almost icicle like lights. I just put command hooks on the wall and zip tied the cord for the lights to the hooks. This is the only picture that I have right now and was the first rough installation. They are just draped over the hooks not pulled tight in this shot.

67C6A4D1-6838-4C5B-A485-DD68B2D08246.jpeg

Anthony Hitchings

Super Active Member
Silver Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2019
Oakland, California
I want to add some lighting inside of my A-frame. We have shelves that attach to the wall over the stove and sink. Truthfully I wanna do some Glamping! What do you use for lighting, other than the lights that come on the roof
2 LED strips on the removable wind strut (a closet rod by any other name). Normally a paper towel roll is in the middle of the rod. It is brighter than the picture suggests. Normally it the only light source.

Attachments

• light bar small.jpg
    light bar small.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 51

Strawhouse

Making up for 2020 & 2021 camping seasons…
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2015
Muskoka, Ontario
I’ve attached led rechargeable lights to the walls with industrial velcro to create sconces for the bed, over the roadside window, and in the dinette.
F238D1D7-4FCA-4C48-9492-DE776CE05615.jpeg
I’ve also ordered 2 of these lampshades—one for my canopy and one inside my Aliner. My plan is to use a string of waterproof, remote-operated fairy lights coiled inside each shade, with the battery pack fastened on top of the disk at the top of the shade. If needed, I’ll add a support at the stop. The one inside my Aliner will hang from a short strap that will span between the front and rear roof. The strap will be attached with snap fasteners, and one side of the strap will be detached before closing the roof.
CF621CC3-AD1C-4B65-942A-C3A782D3F74B.jpeg

I’ve attached led rechargeable lights to the walls with industrial velcro to create sconces for the bed, over the roadside window, and in the dinette.
View attachment 72724
I’ve also ordered 2 of these lampshades—one for my canopy and one inside my Aliner. My plan is to use a string of waterproof, remote-operated fairy lights coiled inside each shade, with the battery pack fastened on top of the disk at the top of the shade. If needed, I’ll add a support at the stop. The one inside my Aliner will hang from a short strap that will span between the front and rear roof. The strap will be attached with snap fasteners, and one side of the strap will be detached before closing the roof.
View attachment 72727
That’s really neat !

View attachment 72724
View attachment 72727
Your wall light, do you remove it ? Or is it foldable enough ?

Strawhouse

Making up for 2020 & 2021 camping seasons…
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2015
Muskoka, Ontario
I bought 2 from Amazon.ca, and the following year a camping friend ordered 2 on sale from Amazon.com for a quarter of the price I paid. I don’t think they carry that model (Gemini Goose Neck) any more; but his model is very similar—flexible neck, rechargeable led, and dimmable (3 levels, whereas mine is gradual dimmable). The industrial strength velcro has a held mine in the wall of my Aliner since I installed them, and I remove the lights when folding down the roof for transit.
https://www.amazon.com/DEEPLITE-Fle...s=Gooseneck+Table+Lamp&qid=1616270239&sr=8-18