Show Off Your Hybrid

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by dschlosser, Aug 3, 2010.

1. CarNutCass

CarNutCass Put a little gravel in your travel

Since my pictures in my previous post bombed and I'm unable to edit it after the fact, I'm reposting. Here's our rig.

It's a 2003 Shamrock 25BH. It fits us perfectly since we have four kids and the camper has four bunks in the rear. We actually have five kids but the oldest is grown and doesn't camp with us.

PS...Oh geat. I see that the pics are working in my previous post. DOH!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. twstdpear

twstdpear Party like it's 2012!

Our 3-bunk Palomino, somewhere in PA, on the way to it's first outing at French Creek State Park in March for the PUP season opener rally:
    [​IMG]

Set up in the driveway during a nice day in February, about a week after we got it. You can see the PUP covered up behind the fence looking all forlorn. I think I had just finished up emptying and cleaning the pup and was starting to move everything into the HTT:
    [​IMG]

The other side:
    [​IMG]

Back, street side:
    [​IMG]

Interior, the couch in the slide:
    [​IMG]

Interior, front-to-back shot:
    [​IMG]

Interior, back left, to right front:
    [​IMG]

3. Chopper Slippers

Chopper Slippers New Member

Our maiden voyage. The Badlands in Indiana.
    [​IMG]

4. Dammitjim

Dammitjim New Member

This is at River Ranch in Lake Wales, FL on our Maiden Voyage with the Bantam.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't realize how much stuff is just laying around right after breakfast :)

5. lbcarr87

lbcarr87 New Member

It was a wonderful 50+ degree day here in the midwest which is really unusual for January so I set up our new hybrid , a forest river surveyor 234T, and took some photos. Hope this works, if not I'll research posting pics and try again
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well the pics were rather small so I decided to just link the album we are so excited for spring to arrive hope to see you at the camp grounds where we can show it off in person
    https://picasaweb.google.com/104284843191661329122/NewCamper2012?authkey=Gv1sRgCJP3vM6q-MyWbg#

6. Michoshisho

Michoshisho Member

Yup. I'm pretty sure my next camper will be a hybrid!

7. bikendan

bikendan Active Member

here's some pics of our '07 Roo 23SS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Jeremy

Jeremy New Member

Another 3 bed Palomino (S21RGS) same as above, different interior

First trip last year
    [​IMG]

3 queen fold out beds & slide
    [​IMG]

Front TV mod
    Made an inverted T to mount the LCD on for the front area. TV is on an articulating bracket and can be viewed on the front bed, dinette, or couch. Opens up the shelf
    [​IMG]

I routed a groove behind the inverted wood T for routing the cables. The T is secured to solid wood at the top and bottom.
    [​IMG]

Rear TV mod
    Made another inverted T to mount the kids tv in the rear. On the same articulating bracket so it can swing to either rear bed for easy viewing.
    [​IMG]

Solved a clothing storage problem by picking up a storage bin thing from Target. I get two bins, the wife gets two bins, the two older kids each get one, and the baby gets 2.
    [​IMG]

Makes packing really easy. we just bring the empty bins in, fill up and carry back out.

Jimmy Buffett / Beach theme stuff

trailer plate:
    [​IMG]

TV plate:
    [​IMG]

9. eve104

eve104 Ol'Bessie

My turn

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rideswithchrist likes this.
  10. grandebob

grandebob New Member

Just got a new to us, 2005 KZ Coyote :)

[​IMG]

11. Sharon

Sharon Dover, FL

Oh My Gosh! I love this thread.

Just last week, DH and I made the decision to go Hybrid. We found a 2006 Fleetwood Orbit we are drooling over and they just lowered the price. But no funds. So after our 6 night camping trip in two weeks. We are putting my fully restored pup up for sale and sell our boat as well. Hopefully I dont have to up grade my TV first. (95 Ford F150 Straight 6 with 156K miles.)

But I love this thread because. I had no clue what brands were out there. And this thread will help me look for one if we miss out on this one.

Love all the Hybrids. Great pictures.

Sharon

12. bikendan

bikendan Active Member

depends on which Orbit you bought. they made a number of models and one of them was really big and heavy.
    in fact, all the Orbit hybrids were much heavier than other brands of hybrids, in the same size range.

but you live in Forida, so you don't have to worry about mountains or even hills. [;)]

13. Sharon

Sharon Dover, FL

This one is the 190xp. It says the GVWR is 4600. UVW is 3724 .
    I also noticed that the Orbit is much heavier then others. So maybe we should look for a different one.

So what exactly makes it heavier then other comparable models.

Sharon

14. bikendan

bikendan Active Member

the 190XP was the first hybrid we ever saw.
    i thought the Orbit was built very solid. don't know why they're heavier than others though.
    could be better materials.
    the only negative is that Fleetwood stopped making hybrids that year and also stopped making trailers not long after.
    so, not sure if the new Fleetwood still have parts for it, like the bunk doors or the canvas ends.

15. PaThacker

PaThacker Well-Known Member

That is one nice hybrid, I don't think I ever saw one with a second door to the bath room, nice breakfast stools, and impressive watch dogs.

16. LoveToCampinNC

LoveToCampinNC New Member

Here's my 2006 Rockwood Roo that I have had for 2 years. I pull it with my 2006 Nissan Armada!
    [HY][smg id=4467 type=preview align=center caption="My Rockwood Roo 23SS"][smg id=4468 type=preview align=center caption="New camper"]

17. theturners

theturners New Member

Our NTU 2004 Rockwood Roo. Yet again I have baby blue curtains- guess I am going to have to change them soon. I was googling how to dye fabric- would love to have solid color on couch and bench.. Has anyone tried to paint/dye couch??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. LoveToCampinNC

LoveToCampinNC New Member

I did the same thing in my bathroom! I hung a shoe organizer and stuffed the pockets with soaps, shampoos and cleaners! Except I cut mine in half. Since the bathrooms are so small, it was a bit too much with the full length.

[:D]

19. Nicole31779

Nicole31779 New Member

I love these! We have only used our PUP one time and I already want to upgrade!! will start looking soon!!

20. theturners

theturners New Member

I was thinking of cutting it in half. Half with shampoos, etc. The other with meds and first aid.. Need to find somewhere to hang the other half though...