Shower curtain rod needed.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by Sandlunatic01, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Sandlunatic01

Sandlunatic01 New Member

We purchased a 2004 Starcraft 2406 a couple of years ago. It was missing the rod and curtain. No big deal at the time but now my daughter is playing travel softball and we are using the trailer quite often, would be nice to use the shower as we dry camp at times.
    I can not find a factory one for sale, has anyone made and installed a shower curtain rod? Or purchased an aftermarket one and made it work? Picks would be awesome. Also what type of curtain do I purchase?

2. Dan Wilson

Dan Wilson Active Member

The simple solution is to construct one out of 3/4-inch PVC and with some creativity on how to mount it, some sockets or whatever that can allow for an easy takedown and setup. PVC and cable ties are the greatest inventions since duct tape.

3. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member

Footman loops mounted to the ceiling with hanging web strap loops, either snaps or, my favorite, double sided velcro .

4. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

When I installed my own DIY shower in our Santa Fe I ordered a cotton/polyester blend shower curtain from McMaster-Carr, Product #2636K3 - right height, sufficient width to allow lapping the curtain over the entry point, and won't stick to whomever is showering like a vinyl curtain will.

https://www.mcmaster.com/shower-curtains

For a curtain rod I used PVC and designed it to be collapsible for storage in the shower pan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A series of pics starts here - click on "i' at the top right of any pic for a text description.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=Y0tiYWFzQl8xdGRCRmwwOV90TXBtYlpOZHdRc3VB