Shower/potty tents

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Rusty2192, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Popiworks

Popiworks Paddle faster, I hear banjos!

Use a battery powered liquid transfer pump to drain the heater tray to a gray water tote. Walmart has them for about $15.00.

2. crackerJack

crackerJack Well-Known Member

The floor in the Ozark Trail tent has mesh on the edges. We use biodegradable camp soap and I haven't ever had any issues. If I did, I would then stand in a plastic storage container.

3. Kettlebelle

Kettlebelle Member

I stand in a trash can to shower! The whole setup is inexpensive and folds flat (except the shower, but you could always use something cheaper!) - Just blogged about it, link in signature.

4. barrieb24

barrieb24 The Road's My Home

Pardon my ignorance: when you guys are speaking of a shower...do your pups have an external shower installed that you pull to the tent thing? I have an old pup and was thinking of fashioning some type of external pump shower

5. crackerJack

I hook up a hose and sprayer to either my outdoor shower faucet or my outdoor sink faucet. It depends on what side of the camper the shower tent is on.

Attached Files:

threebeachboys likes this.
  6. barrieb24

barrieb24 The Road's My Home

That's a sweet setup, Crackerjack. I assume that's used mainly at full hookup spots? I have an old Pup with no external water faucet. Was thinking of putting a splitter inside at the sink to run a hose w/ shower head out side for a quick rinse. I mainly boondock

7. Adam H

Adam H Active Member

You shower setup is identical to mine except I use my camper's outside shower. I just wanted to say I saw a camper identical to yours while camping over the 4th, that is one COOL camper!!!

Adam

8. Kettlebelle

Kettlebelle Member

We love it so far. It's definitely an adjustment since we used to have a really big, awesome off-road PUP... but I can tow the and set up the new one myself, which I couldn't do before.

9. jenze

jenze New Member

crackerJack, how did you attach the sink to the pup?

10. crackerJack

My masterpiece :)
    It is a wall hung laundry sink. I installed some blocking behind the metal skin and attached the bracket. I roughed in hot and cold water under camper from inside sink. The drain is piped under camper to below inside sink drain exit.
    The sink rides in the camper, I pull it out, hang it on the side, connect bottom of steel braided supply lines, hand tight, to straight stops, tubular p-trap to trap adapter. It takes less than 5 minutes and doesn't require any tools.
    On the other side of the camper I hook up a prefabricated drain connection with fernco couplings. I use 1 1/2 sump pump hose to route to my gray water tote.
    It is great for washing dishes. I have a piece off garden hose and a sprayer that I screw on to the faucet. It is great for dry camping too.

Attached Files: