Sienna v. Odyssey v. Highlander for towing a pop-up

Discussion in 'Tow Vehicles, Hitch & Towing' started by CampingCubFan, Jun 12, 2019.

1. MNTCamper

MNTCamper Active Member

A 2008 Odyssey will require air bags in the springs if you want it to ride close to level, they just sag. Air bags or progressive bump stops are your only choice in this case (or WDH). I just installed air bags on my '07 Ody and they are working well.

2. eagle

eagle Member

I don't know a lot about air bags. Where did you buy yours and what did you get? Maybe that's the right answer for me too. Thanks.

3. MNTCamper

MNTCamper Active Member

The are about $80 on amazon 60815 is the correct model for this year. The install takes some time, but is not too hard. Check install notes on Odyforum and other locations for details. My air fill port is inside the gas filler door, easy to check and fill.

4. eagle

eagle Member

Thanks for the info!

5. alabasterjar

alabasterjar Member

Kia Sedona... Pay half as much as the Odyssey/Sienna, get the same amenities and towing capacity. We have a 2011 Kia Sedona with a 3.5L engine; brake controller, air bags on the rear suspension and a weight distribution hitch. We've pulled our Coleman Grandview SP (loaded to the max trailer weight, 3500#) from Indiana to Seattle and back, as well as a number of shorter trips across the country. I watch the transmission temps using a Bluetooth OBDII decoder and we have never had any problems.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Minimalist likes this.