Silly Fun question!

Orchid

Sharp Shootin' Grandma
May 8, 2011
Florida by way of WV and MD
Yep, a few times. Hubby's cell phone has made the trip up more than once.

Our hand crank has spent the entire trip up there several times. We raise with a drill and hand crank the stabilizers because they are super easy. When the hand crank comes up missing, we know where it is and use the drill for that too.

lynnmarie0123

Jun 19, 2020
my dad learned this lesson the hard way. They have a TT. They get to a campground 3 hours from home and discovered he left the camper keys at home. Six hours later they are pulling back into the campground.
Too cute!! Love it

lynnmarie0123

Jun 19, 2020
For those moments when you realize you misplaced your keys and your spare is locked in the glove box. Keep a set of ALL NEEDED keys in a magnetic key box attached somewhere hid under your vehicle. I use to attach mine to the back side of the vehicle hitch with a wrap of electrical tape as extra security to hold in place. And yes I have had to retrieve that box more than once.
Hahahahaaaaaaa!!!

lynnmarie0123

Jun 19, 2020
Yep, a few times. Hubby's cell phone has made the trip up more than once.

Our hand crank has spent the entire trip up there several times. We raise with a drill and hand crank the stabilizers because they are super easy. When the hand crank comes up missing, we know where it is and use the drill for that too.
[SUN][LOL][LOL]

Grandpa Don

Super Active Member
Sep 5, 2018
Southern California
I've learned over the years to take extra precautions to prevent emergencies like these. As far as the pup goes, I keep an extra crank just inside of the door and an extra set of keys screwed to the frame in a hidden spot under the pup. When on camping trips with the pup, I also take along an extra set of truck keys which are also just inside of the door in a cabinet. I have the Goshan lift system so I also have an extra lift cable in the camper. At my age it would be difficult to change the cable if it broke, but at least I have one and can do it if I had to.

NMroamer

Super Active Member
Apr 21, 2016
Albuquerque NM
Been camping for a number of years and have realized that we will always forget something. Sometimes it is necessary, like the outdoor stove or maybe the food for a planned meal. We accept that as part of our trip. When everything is setup and there is the look of did you see the what ever we know we forgot it.

nineoaks2004

Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday
Oct 15, 2006
Dukes, Fl
Long time ago I raised the roof, looked up and still had two kayaks on top, had to let the top back down and take them off in 100 degree heat and a red face as everyone near me heard my vocalizations :) ( I also have not loaded my small ladder prior to leaving on the trip)

sherpa

Mar 1, 2018
First day we got the popup and I'm going through all the stuff the dealer gave us. I decide to start by putting it up. I go to connect the power and I'm looking for the 30amp to 15 amp adapter. I know I just had it. I'm looking all over.

Eventually I decide I never had it and am on my way to Home Despot. As I walk out the back door (several steps up) I can see it sitting on top.

First trip out when we took it down I found the beer I had cracked when I put it up.

We have a strict nothing on the roof rule.

Except this last trip I couldn't find my phone. Service was spotty so we couldn't call it and every once in a while we could hear it buzz as a message came in. Tore the camper apart to no avail. Yep. On the roof.

I never learn.

BigNick

Jun 27, 2019
We have hooks inside our PUP that we use to hang the camper keys (which include the hitch lock) and the truck keys on once we get to the site and get everything settled. I can't tell you how many times we have popped down and are ready to go and I look at her and she looks at me and we both realize at the same moment that all keys are still inside on the hooks. All you can do it laugh and popup about 2' so she can climb inside and grab the keys. We have learned to keep the camper keys in the truck and sunday morning...truck keys go in the truck.

At the end of our weekends we usually bag up all of our trash, tie it up, and throw it on top of the PUP (popped down) so we can stop by the dumpster on the way out and just toss it in. Once I guess I stopped a little quick and the bag ended on the ground. Unfortunately, I didn't see it fall and ran over it with the PUP. We spent about 20 minutes chasing wrappers, cans, capri suns, etc. around trying to gather all the trash I shredded as I drove over it.

Andy G.

Sep 2, 2017
WI
Soon after we bought our popup, I was trying to raise it in the driveway, but couldn't get it to go up all the way. I brought it down, checked everything, put it back up, same issue. This went on several times. My wife came out, I explained the trouble I was happening, and without missing a beat, she asked me why I was trying to raise it under the basketball hoop. :grin:

Randy Miller

Jul 15, 2020
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Wasn't camping, but this did remind me of a story. Was just walking out of our briefing (Law Enforcement) and set my laptop on top of the car. Got a hot call, and you know it, jumped into the car and took off, only to see my laptop doing cartwheels behind me in my rear view mirror. Luckily for me it was a Toshiba "Tough Book". Had a few scratches but other than that it was ok. Still a sick feeling...

Garywmcintyre

Jul 5, 2015
Couple years ago we camped at a local KOA for a few nights. Packed up and when we got home I couldn’t find my phone. Did the find my iPhone thing and it was showing about a half a block away from the campground.
I must’ve left it on the roof as we pulled away and it took a while to bounce off. When I found it, the Otterbox case was in many pieces strewn across the road, but the phone was fine.

campfire Joe

Jan 27, 2015
peru new york
So i'm wondering when all of you say camper keys what are you referring to. I do use a key for my outside storage door, but that's the only key i use for the camper and i keep that in the truck. Then i unlock the panel door and just leave the key in the door the whole time we are camping. We never lock the camper front door and we don't use a lock on the one of the 4 roof lock down corners. So why all the keys?