Single people who love nature and camping in an RV

Discussion in 'The Other Stuff' started by Lady Mj, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Lady Mj

Lady Mj Member

Hi singles, although I don’t think there are many on here. I was thinking there has to be enough interest to have a singles site for those of us who love to camp via an RV or going to their camp but don’t have a life partner who loves nature and camping also?

Sjm9911 likes this.
  2. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

Although i am married...i go by myself when my wife doesnt wanna go...i usually go close to home so she can drive out and visit....sometimes camping alone is just what the doctor ordered.

Westcoast, RCmom, Sjm9911 and 2 others like this.
  3. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I camp with my four legged life partner. I don’t see any difference between camping with someone or camping alone... except I back into my campsite without any yelling and in one shot!

4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Im single but dont go camping alone.

J Starsky, firepit and neighbormike like this.
  5. RCmom

RCmom Active Member

Best things about solo camping:
    I always get what I want for dinner.
    The weather is always perfect, even if it rains.
    Taking a nap counts as "having fun".
    There's a lot less laundry.

Katskamper, open68, jmkay1 and 4 others like this.
  6. Lady Mj

Lady Mj Member

Haha I like this! ☺️
    Well my 4 legged friend is dying of CHF And it would be nice to have another person to camp with;)

[email protected] likes this.
  7. neighbormike

Sorry to hear about the pooch @Lady Mj... I think it would be nice to have someone along every now and then too... just haven’t found that person yet [:)C]

8. neighbormike

Maybe I need to go on campmingle.com lol

Lady Mj, RCmom, Sjm9911 and 1 other person like this.
  9. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

try going to a few local rallies, at times, at least its a weekend you can meet and talk to new people , rather than camping alone, not that theres anything wrong with that.

Lady Mj and Sjm9911 like this.
  10. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I’m single with two dogs myself and go out alone all the time especially now. My little side kick is 17 now and essentially has her own life now. I bought my popup with my mom and little sidekick in mind. Although it can be fun to have the family, it is also absolutely great to go out alone too. I have joined in on some rallies especially before covid hit and they are an absolute ball to go on. I also joined a Dutch oven group and gone camping to meet up with them on occasion as well. Having someone help with setup can be so much easier, but it’s also great to be able to do everything I want to do with no arguments or whining.

Katskamper, BelchFire, RCmom and 3 others like this.
  11. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

look into sisters on the fly. a womens outdoor adventure group.

Lady Mj likes this.
  12. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I am married, but these days pup use is solo. DW never warmed to pup camping (didn't like tent camping either). I still feel guilty if/when I go out for a weekend, which hasn't happened in over a year due to covid other than a couple scout camping trips. Sometimes it is nice to have someone to talk to and share things with, but others it is equally nice to just be alone.

Lady Mj likes this.
  13. Lady Mj

Lady Mj Member

14. Lady Mj

Lady Mj Member

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I guess you don’t know what you have until it’s gone. Sure, it is nice to be by yourself at times and that is where I am at now; by myself. I am done with being alone but I will just have to see what the good Lord has in store for me. I had the love of life and we went on mini vacations, Gettysburg was our fav place but he died of cancer 6 years ago and I just haven’t found another that I can mesh with. When I hear that spouses are not into going with their H/W camping, it makes me sad because I would do anything to have that chance again. All we have are these moments and life is so much better when you have that someone special to share many of them(yes, alone time is important) but I am ready to be a couple again☺️❤️

15. GalsofEscape

GalsofEscape Well-Known Member

Until you find that special someone, do you have a besty pal that you can invite to go with you? I have special memories of trips with just me, my sister and our girls.

Lady Mj likes this.
  16. Lady Mj

Lady Mj Member

Thanks for the idea:)Thankfully I do have my daughter, her SO and my 7 year old grandson to go and stay overnight at their 5thwheel and land to camp. I do enjoy that so much! But I would really like to meet someone :) I definitely am blessed but I am taking the initiative to find a good man:) I miss the couple trips and things. I appreciate the response ☺️✌️

17. J Starsky

J Starsky Well-Known Member

My 72 yo dad has a (mostly nutty & annoying) GF, of like 25+ years. They don't live together. They are in a stage of their life they have separate motorhomes, or she can come with him IF she shows up on time. Funny the way it is, but he lives mostly like a single guy, because Sheri can't show up on time... She isn't allowed to plug in on my 30 amp. NO AC FOR YOU~!

kcsa75, open68, neighbormike and 2 others like this.
  18. J Starsky

J Starsky Well-Known Member

We need a laugh button here [:D]

19. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Welcome and I say go and enjoy... We have friends... both were single camping and just managed to be across from each other at a state camp ground... conversation started with a passing hello.. Now 4 years later their inseparable...
    Come to the Sewer and can meet them... LOL

neighbormike likes this.
  20. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

Im in the same boat my friend.
    I used to feel guilty but she visits and loves to swim and lay out and i hate it...so things even out.
    I have a ball by myself walking around and looking at other rigs...fishing...napping...shootin the bull with people.
    My fav campground close to home you see regulars who you get to shoot the bull with.
    Plus if the wife visits and brings brownies and goes back home for the night you can dominate the whole pan to yourself lol.

Katskamper, Lady Mj and neighbormike like this.