Sink Hot water line replacement

Thistle

Aug 7, 2022
I have a Coleman Bayside Elite pop up. My hot water linefeeding the sink blew. I replaced it with clear tubing from Home Depot and it blew again. Hot water heater wasn’t running which I thought was the issue the first time with the water being too hot and an old line. Any suggestions on what tubing I should use to replace it? No issue with the cold water line so can’t figure out why the hot water line keeps blowing

Dave2514g

Sep 2, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Did you put a hose clamp on it?
Can you send us some pictures of the repair so we can see if anything looks like it could cause issues please?

Snow

Super Active Member
Jul 19, 2007
Ontario
I would think PEX would be stronger. What kinds of ends are on the hose?
For pex to work, it would depend on the galley design, flip over, swing level, fixed.. as pex is pretty ridgid and doesn't flex a great deal.

One possibility would be a replacement hose using those hoses HD and others sell for kitchen faucets. Rubber with steel casing..

Thistle

Aug 7, 2022
The end attachments are plastic swivel ends with plastic barbs. I did have to clamp them on with a metal ring. The kitchen galley swings up and down so the line does need to be flexible which is why I didn’t go with pex. Thinking stainless steel braided hose.