1. rangerover

rangerover Member

Pulled my 2007 Rockwood out of the garage today and had a nasty problem. The galley sink (which was folded down)was full of water and some other things that I left in the sink i.e. TP, a bar of soap, and ziplock bags.

I placed the sink in the proper position, unscrewed the grey water plug and all is well.

My question is, why did that happen?

2. swordfish

swordfish Well-Known Member

Some popups have the water pump bypass the kill switch when the roof is down. As a result, the pump can still run and pump water from the fresh water tank when the pup is in storage (very weird). If your faucet is open and the drain is closed, you could flood your pup. So, to solve the mystery, you need to know 1) does your water pump bypass the kill switch, 2) did you have water in the fresh water tank, and 3) did you leave the faucet open?

Here is a thread on this subject earlier. http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=85481.15

3. rangerover

rangerover Member

Thanks Swordfish, I am guessing that one of faucets must have been left on. From now on I think that I will leave the cap off on the outside drain for the sink.

4. rangerover

rangerover Member

I think mine has a kill switch when the sink is folded down for storage. There is a red switch that you can see when the sink is down.

5. mnebinger

mnebinger Livin' The Dream!

I always had water on the floor that came out of the drain when I flipped the sink over. I just put a rug or towel on the floor to catch it.

6. swordfish

Yes, from what I read, some pups have water pumps bypass the kill switch. The kill switch only kills the dome lights.
    You should verify if this is how your pump works. Have some water in the tank and open the drain valve under the camper to see if the pump kicks in.

What puzzles me is when you folded down the sink for storage, the sink was upside down. How could the sink retain any water? If pump was working due to open faucet, your floor would be flooded, not the sink.

7. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

If its a swing down galley, the sink stays level when its down.

8. swordfish

Ok, it's swing down vs. fold down. That explains it. Mine folds down.

9. rangerover

rangerover Member

Correct, it stays upright when folded down.