Skamper Owners Sound Off!

colorado_camper

Super Active Member
Apr 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
I'm here. 2001 Sport 21D, made by Thor. The bad: no brakes, weird Frankenstein axle, original suspension too weak and broke. The good: everything else.

I love my Skamper, wouldn't trade it for anything.

tarryallaug210003a.jpg

crzman

Jun 20, 2012
I have a 1999 Skamper Vison 23S by Thor. I've had it for 2 years now and haven't had any issues. Luckily the previous owner had most of the original paperwork which I've been told is pretty hard to find for these campers. If I get a chance I will try to post some photos this weekend.

sgip2000

Jun 16, 2010
Hillsboro, OR
1990 Skamper 245C here. No real complaints here for something 24 years old. Plywood on the bed ends instead of OSB. No roof leaks. Table and counter are also 3/4" plywood.

jcorkins

Jun 9, 2013
Mine is a 1996 skamper. Made by Thor. Not sure of the exact model and the wife recently peeled off all of the graphics so really no way to tell now.
The good: recent new roof no more problems with that now. :)
The bad: most of the rest needs to be restored and no time left before our first camping trip this year. Everything is in good enough shape for now though so I will decide at the end of the year if I will continue to restore it or sell it and get something different in the spring.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

HellsBells

May 17, 2014
If anyone is interested I am having a new tire carrier fabbed up from aluminum diamond plate. I can post pictures when it is done, and let you know the cost of having it made. They are also fabricating replacement skins for my camper from 1/16" aluminum. The aluminum is embossed with paint of different colors. I am doing a blue.

faltagracia

Conserve the environment and enjoy it.
Jun 4, 2012
I have a 1999 Skamper M-21D .. Lifted and I love it.. I have done few add on.. 12 V cigarette lighter for charging phone. added coax for Satellite and 12V jacks for the bunker .. LED light around the bottom frame to illuminate around the area at night.. and few other things.. I am figure out how to attach a picture yet.

HellsBells

May 17, 2014
faltagracia said:
I have a 1999 Skamper M-21D .. Lifted and I love it.. I have done few add on.. 12 V cigarette lighter for charging phone. added coax for Satellite and 12V jacks for the bunker .. LED light around the bottom frame to illuminate around the area at night.. and few other things.. I am figure out how to attach a picture yet.

Sounds awesome Felix, excited to see the pictures!

so you are happy with having your pop up lifted? I assume you did the leaf spring flip?

Loopsters

1986 Skamper 139c
Jun 12, 2014
I'm here and brand new! We just picked up a 1986 139c. We're new to this whole thing, so I will be floating questions I'm sure! As a matter of fact, here's the first one... Have do I find replacement bulbs for the clearance and taillights? Most of the current bulbs are bad, but they don't have numbers or any markings. Thanks!

kentuckyrascal

Oct 23, 2007
western kentucky
I too have a 2002 17 a it folds out to be 12ft. I have no complaints. Second owners and they gave me all the paperwork for the camper. Just starting my camping season this weekend.

HellsBells

May 17, 2014
Loopsters said:
I'm here and brand new! We just picked up a 1986 139c. We're new to this whole thing, so I will be floating questions I'm sure! As a matter of fact, here's the first one... Have do I find replacement bulbs for the clearance and taillights? Most of the current bulbs are bad, but they don't have numbers or any markings. Thanks!

Best bet is to take the bulb with you to match it up. The local RV store here in town has a whole selection of LED replacement bulbs. I have seen decent selections at stores like Auto Zone as well.

HellsBells

May 17, 2014
kentuckyrascal said:
I too have a 2002 17 a it folds out to be 12ft. I have no complaints. Second owners and they gave me all the paperwork for the camper. Just starting my camping season this weekend.

You have the newest Skamper that I know of! Do you have any pics, or links to pics?

lmwands

May 26, 2014
New co-owner of a 1995 Skamper. Went in 1/2 & 1/2 with my niece and her family. Planning inaugural trip now, heading out west in a couple of weeks. Camper is in great shape. We can't wait to get going!!

HellsBells

May 17, 2014
lmwands said:
New co-owner of a 1995 Skamper. Went in 1/2 & 1/2 with my niece and her family. Planning inaugural trip now, heading out west in a couple of weeks. Camper is in great shape. We can't wait to get going!!

What model is your camper, I have the same year. Mine is a 170.

Loopsters

1986 Skamper 139c
Jun 12, 2014
he4ybaty.jpg
du2e8a4e.jpg

Hi! Thanks for the advice on the bulbs, got it set and ready to go!

Does anybody know what these are? The PO said they are stabilizer bars, but they never use them and they were wrapped in cardboard under a mattress.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts