sleeping (dont know where this belongs)

Discussion in 'Camping Around Wildlife' started by jpeverroad, Jun 18, 2012.

1. jpeverroad

jpeverroad New Member

i am a scardy cat, i should start with that. I am so afraid something is going to craw or touch me from the cavas over the bunk ends. i know it is strange and i sleep in a ball away from all the walls so i don't stick a foot out or nothing will get me.
    am i the only one?

2. Brate

Brate Bravado!

I'm sure your not alone..

I actually am all over the canvas walls and one of those weird morning things I do is lay there as the sun comes up and flick little bugs off the side from the inside. Just before I send them fly I usually think to myself "prepare for lift off you little SOB" BAM, off it goes.

Im weird I know.

3. itfchaos

itfchaos New Member

There is a phobia for everyone, mine is public restrooms. Not really "scared" of them to say, more of an anxiety or nervousness of them, I avoid them at all cost.

4. sailingfree

sailingfree New Member

Thats why i got a pu with toilet and shower!

5. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

I too will 'flick' the bugs who are on the outside of the screen. Spiders, I will call to Jeepin Dad to remove/kill, if he's not around I
    will kill them myself. However, I do feel that 'spider killing' is part of his husbandly duties.

and, itfchaos, I too avoid public restrooms whenever possible. I have made the 9-10 hour drive to Vermont without using any facilities.
    When we arrive at my in-laws I hug hello then head for the powder room!

Also, when we go off-roading, there are typically those porta potties by the office and then nothing in the woods all day, I just 'go' in the morning
    before I leave home at 7am, and then again when I get home at 7-8pm.

6. papachaz

papachaz New Member

7. HiFiDave

HiFiDave Singin round the campfire

Ohhhh maaannn did cha have to tell me that?! LOL [:(O]

8. FL_Bill

FL_Bill I'm cooking something yummy!

So we are sound asleep and I hear a loud thump. At first I thought it was a branch that fell on the bunk end then I could hear it scurrying...so small I thought it might be a rat. I knocked it off, felt small. About 10 mins later I hear a very loud thump. Much louder and heavy sounding. And I can see in the moon light it is a raccoon. A large one. it took a few hits to get this one off. It was so heavy. [?:~{]

I know I am not helping with your fears...but in the end they did not get in. And as the sun came up I put the stakes down and got some rest... [LOL]

FL Bill

9. Breadbox

Breadbox Volvo powered

I can't deal with bees... well, I can manage honeybees (as long as they're not swarming; killer bees, you know) and bumblebees, and those big wood bees that just buzz around, but hornets, wasps and yellow jackets terrify me. I left my car sitting in the middle of the road at a traffic light once because a wasp flew in the driver's side window and was between me and the windshield. I also can't kill them because I'm afraid I'll miss and make them mad so I have to catch and release them if I can't get anyone to help me. I once had to stop at a gas station and buy a soda to use the cup to lure a bee out of the back of my car. It took almost an hour. I've managed to get past the public restroom thing. I still have privacy issues with them though and use them only when I absolutely have to. There's a reason we have a toilet in the pup.

10. swampcamper

swampcamper Hi Y'all

We had two frisky raccoon on top of our camper last year, skreeching and squeeling.....@ 2:47 AM......In St. Joe St. Park, FL

11. Troutfishing

Troutfishing Member

Buffalo......DW and DD making their nightly walk to the restroom came upon a buffalo hiding behind a 6" tree....just can't swat them away [LOL] [LOL]

12. Jade

Jade New Member

I am in the scardy cat club.

I am still afraid of the dark. I cannot be alone outside when it is dark. Not a chance! Even just outside my house in our quiet little neighborhood with hardly any traffic. That's why no matter what we get, it has to have the shower and potty....there's no way I'm running to the cg toilets in the middle of the night. If DH is gone on travel, I sleep with a light on in the house.

I have thought of something reaching up inside a PUP when I'm sleeping or something. If we end up getting a PUP I will make it so the tenting stays in place...I will figure something out!

13. papachaz

papachaz New Member

once on a hunting trip to what used to be an island plantation off the coast below Savannah, i walked into the middle of 6 donkeys. when they closed the plantation down, they just opened the gates and let all the animals out. some of the donkeys are still there, anyway, i walked into the middle of them just before daylight and didn't know it until one of them bellowed out....which of course made me bellow out also [LOL] [LOL]

also on that same trip, camping in a tent. at that time they didn't allow the hogs to be killed, so they had no fear of humans. you would literally feel them brush up against you through the tent as they scavenged around for scraps outside....not a good feeling at all.

but my fear is spiders. i drove a bus for a few years once, and had one drop down on it's string right in front of my eyes. i slapped it, which of course meant it swung back into my face. i can still hear the voice of one of the youngsters saying 'mr charles, you scream just like a girl' [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

14. The Manchacan

The Manchacan New Member

I literally had to stifle my chortle when I read this. It would be tough to explain to my coworkers why I busted out laughing in my cubicle when I'm supposed to be working on budgets. I think I need to step outside for a bit. Hope there's no spiders.

15. papachaz

papachaz New Member

hey go for it [LOL] [LOL] i ain't too proud to let y'all laugh with/at me a bit, not at all [:D] [:D]

16. Troutfishing

Troutfishing Member

[LOL] [:D] [LOL] [:D]