Slide out removal

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by jedmon, Apr 7, 2017.

1. jedmon

jedmon New Member

Hey all. I am hoping someone here can give us a bit of advice. We are in the process of replacing the flooring in our pop up, a 2001 Bayside Elite. I am wanting to know if anyone has experience removing the slide out in order to replace all of the floor, not just that which is exposed with the slide out in place. Any tips/help in doing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

If your slideout on the Bayside is like my Utah there is a kickplate on the slideout front. Just remove all the screws and pull out. It may be a tad stuck, but a gentle tug was all I needed to get it off. This would at least give you some working space.

3. Riveyman

Riveyman Member

When I replaced the floor in mine I got the slide out, out of the way. Not a Bayside tho. If I remember correctly there were 8 bolts out side under the slide out (4 on each arm of slide mechanism. Removed those and took 2 persons to lifted it up and out. Sat it on sawhorse supports off the ground. Left the canvas attached.
    Made doing the floor much easier.

4. jedmon

jedmon New Member

Alrighty. You have both given me some insight. We'll take a shot a it tomorrow and let you know how it goes...