Slotted nut for lift crank extension tube is corroded

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Mike Claassen, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Mike Claassen

Mike Claassen New Member

After watching a video on lift mechanism maintenance, I removed the extension tube and discovered that the slotted nut was loose in the extension tube. The nylon spacer and handle spring were missing. I think I can find a place to purchase the nylon spacer (p/n 4751-4671) and slotted nut (p/n 4751-3551, crossing my fingers that it has the correct thread), but I cannot find a source for the handle spring (p/n 4751-3531). Does anyone know of a parts source, or will I need to buy the kit (which includes the extension tube and rolled pin) for $109.95?

2. smit1088

smit1088 Well-Known Member

Call canvas replacements. 1-800-232-2079 They are usually good to work with and have the aftermarket parts.

3. Mike Claassen

Mike Claassen New Member

I will give that a shot, thank you! By the way, it was your video on lift mechanism maintenance that got me started on this!