so excited

Hollyhoff

May 13, 2009
I was so excited when i got the HTT last weekend..I never knew how easy it would be to pop out the beds!! I popped them out several times to show my family..it was soooo easy! This set up will be so much easier for me to deal with as a single mom...I bought a PUP to go and do it all on my own... but had some difficulty with getting the top closed...so when the N2M 2005 Aerolite cub fell into my lap...I ran with it and boy am I NOT sorry!!!! I love it already, and I haven't even taken it from the driveway yet!!! First trip is planned for nex weekend!! Still learning to back up with it, but doing pretty good! [8D]

Big Dawg

Jul 25, 2007
They are great, we love ours. You have the best of both worlds, a travel trailer, and a pop up.

RD

May 20, 2009
FL
Congrats! Is it a lot more difficult to back up? Just wondering as I am thinking about getting one as well.

Chewie48

May 6, 2009
Columbiana, OH
Sounds great! I have to admit, I'm slightly envious.
My wife and I have looked at a Jayco 17z. Just not sure I want to spend that much when I already have a nice PUP.

campingcoheys

Apr 30, 2007
Sounds awesome - we are thinking of upgrading to a HTT from a Popup next spring...glad to hear your experience - esp since I might be doing some camping without hubby.

Hollyhoff

May 13, 2009
RD said:
Congrats! Is it a lot more difficult to back up? Just wondering as I am thinking about getting one as well.

I really don't think so.. it is actually easier to maneuver.. and easier to correct if you are going the wrong way... but I am new to it all!! I never really masteres backing up the pup... but this is different...I will get it!!

I camp with my boys... My husband passed away going on 3 years ago, and i have to learn it if i want to do it.. and I definitely want to go camping!! If I can do it, anyone can!!

RD

May 20, 2009
FL
Hollyhoff said:
I really don't think so.. it is actually easier to maneuver.. and easier to correct if you are going the wrong way... but I am new to it all!! I never really masteres backing up the pup... but this is different...I will get it!!

I camp with my boys... My husband passed away going on 3 years ago, and i have to learn it if i want to do it.. and I definitely want to go camping!! If I can do it, anyone can!!

Thanks! Congrats!! I am anxious to get one as well, but I will probably have to change my TV.

Jeremy

Jul 12, 2005
Chicago NW Suburbs
Actually backing up a dual axle HTT/TT is (IMHO) easier than backing a single axle pop up. With the longer trailer, sure you have more length to deal with and the visibility is a factor (I have a rear view camera on the back of my trailer so that's a big help), but your 'direction input' from the TV isn't so drastic. I always felt like our pop up was too manuverable. Like the slightest turn of the wheel and the pop up was all over the place. With my trailer 24' trailer now, any turn of the wheel doesn't cause a sharp reaction with the trailer. I store my trailer on a marked, paved storage facility and I have trailers on both sides, so backing in takes some skill. I have it down to a science now and feel much more comfortable backing the HTT than I did with the PUP.

But with anything, it takes practice to build the skills.

JulesCamper

Indianapolis, IN
Aug 12, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
I know that it is easier to back my boat because it is so much heavier. Like was said above the slightest turn of the wheel and the pop up is all over the place. I just go slow. I also have to do everything myself and camping is my favorite!