So, what did you do for your camper, April 2012?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. highside pup

highside pup Active Member

Installed my power jack and battery cut off switch today

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

DH washed the pup, and I waxed all of it that I could reach, he had to do the center of the roof. Then popped it up, using the PUGs mod for the first time through a whole set-up - no tangled cords and hooks :). Took the table out so I can work on a new tablecloth in not-so-tight quarters. The dark charcoal laminate seems to soak up the light at night, and it is almost a pebble-finish; at the moment we're not inclined to just make a new table top. The oilcloth topper I used in the fall was OK, but I found some lighter-weight laminated cotton to try.
    Ordered sand pads (BAL brand) for the stabilizers, from Amazon. I'm sure we'll still end up using the Lynx blocks under them in really sloppy conditions, but these should help a lot.
    DH got a couple of coats of polyurethane on the new counter top section (patch for where we removed the sink).
    Less than 4 weeks until the first trip.

3. smoreking

smoreking Member

I got my fantastic fan repaired and re-installed, removed and replaced all the caulk on the whole pup, installed 12v led night light, lubed lift system, installed a/c braces and new a/c gasket. Also, new galvanized wheels and tires.

4. jonzr

jonzr New Member

Brought her home from storage.

5. Bjune

Bjune New Member

Golly, everyone is so busy getting fixed up and ready to go, we haven't even raised ours up yet. I had a brain bleed back in November. Still trying to get my strength back from that. Did not know how it could take me down a few notches. I was getting ready for church on a Sunday morning, the end of Nov. and had an asthma attack so violent it ruptured a blood vessel in my brain. Woke up in ICU 2 days later. But, Lord willing gonna start cleaning up the pup. She is wanting to hit the road soon. ME TOO!! But, gosh everyone has done some wonderful things to your pups. Loved the shelving, would like that too, if not too heavy. Loved the floor covering too, all the mods are great. Keep the pics coming. Thanks

6. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Mail ordered a Barker 5 gallon grey water tote to use at CGs without a dump station. The valve outlet is very low on a Trail Manor (same as a TT or MH).

http://barkermfg.com/tt5.html

7. CPhelps4

CPhelps4 New Member

Went ahead and did a bearing greasing, wheel & rim replace, replaced the back tail light with plate hanger, wired a new harness, and installed new tow chains.
    If the weather holds out, tomorrow will be checking the inside electrical and water pump!

More work then I imagined my little PUP would be! When do we camp?

8. barbjmj

barbjmj Member

Finally! Today we pulled her out of storage. No mosture damage. No mice. A little mold in the fridge - cleaned that easily. Stocked with dry goods, beer and soda. Tomorrow we head to the Oregon coast for our first trip of the year! Can't wait!!!

9. Starcraft Away

Starcraft Away New Member

hmmm installed battery kill switch, Bought new RV water Filter, Bought hitch Bar Lock. Got New chrome lugs nuts and connector holder from Etrailer.

Still looking for one of those outreach faucets.

10. 1moProject

1moProject New Member

Finished stripping the old caulk off the roof [:(O] and cleaned enough junk out of the garage to squeeze the PUP in. We've had rain every 3 days here, and I'm done messing with covers. :)

11. sevensanders

sevensanders New Member

*cleaned out the storage trunk (the one thing that hasn't been cleaned since we bought it a couple weeks ago)
    *unrolled and learned how to setup the awning (thank heavens for owners' manuals!) [RTM]
    *added more weather stripping to the door (that ought a keep some of those moths out) still need to find a replacement rubber piece that sits in between the upper and lower door.
    *added a tow ball to the riding lawn mower, hooked up to the trailer and got it all situated the correct direction in the back yard
    *replaced the missing screws in the storage trunk lid
    *added a screw and rubber washer to the back end of the body (it won't stay tucked under the metal flashing at the top (probably due to too many people stepping on the spare tire all these years)
    *re-caulked the cracks in and around the storage lid
    *washed all the blankets and sheets that came with the camper (so far we're just assuming they actually fit the mattresses [;)] )

and lastly, jumped up [SNZ] at 2:30 am to bring down the awning and close up the camper since there was a storm [{}=] coming (who wants their camper hailed on when it's open? lol) hubby and I are starting to get much faster at this setup/teardown thing!

5 days until our first "official camping trip" [CP]

12. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Isn't moving the PUP with a garden tractor ........ great ........ You should be able to get the weatherstrip ordered from a Jayco dealer .....you just have to get them off their butts.
    Is this what you are talking about ....... [​IMG]

13. Parkerfam7

Parkerfam7 Mom of many peeps

New tires installed as well as adding a battery operated smoke, fire, CO alarm. I still need to fill our LP tanks before we head out in three weeks. Our Grandson's will be here in 9 days- moving from California to Maryland! I can't wait to take the boy's camping and get them all dirty.

14. sevensanders

sevensanders New Member

It was the best idea we've had yet! (trying to get that sucker level in our back yard by pushing it uphill onto 2x6's was a real PITA! (hubby is all for the Ball leveler now too!)

That is where ours goes, but what is there right now is more of a big U shape. I'd take pics, but it's still raining and all closed up. If we don't find it by Friday, we're just going to bring along a bag of cotton balls (read that one on here too!)... the weather stripping that we have is about 3/4" too short lengthwise.

15. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

The photo is from the 83 Jayco [:(] we had. Maybe a piece to door or garage door sweep would work. Jayco parts are not hard to get, it is just the dealer has to call Jayco and order them for you.

16. moneeleann

moneeleann New Member

When I needed jayco parts I called Cunningham campers. They were excellent. Very fast service. Got everything I needed, no problems.

17. Dusty Leopard

Dusty Leopard New Member

Finally just about finished with the safari scheme and storage mods! Love the way it turned out! Yes, the seats are covered in fur, saw the fabric in the store and could not resist. But the rest of the fabrics are easy care and mostly from Goodwill. Oh, we covered the table top in fake leather :) Taking it camping next weekend, can't wait!

Here is the album, hope it works, never tried posting pictures before:
    http://www1.snapfish.com/earthlink/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=5121637016/a=13087017_13087017/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=earthlink/

18. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

no, we have to join snapfish to see [:!]

19. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Ditto ....... no photos

20. Dusty Leopard

Dusty Leopard New Member

Is there another way to attach pictures?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.