So, what did you do for your camper, April 2013?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. airmech2210

airmech2210 Member

Just bought a Dometic Cabana awning from Ebay. I hope it is here in time for next weekend's season opener!

2. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Made some very minor repairs after a camping trip to Zion NP.

3. colorado_camper

colorado_camper Member

Switched it from storage with a 1990 Coleman I've been renovating. First trip of the year is only a couple of weeks away and some things need to be done before that.

Tomorrow, the street-side leaf springs get replaced, after the damage incurred at Moab last September (thread here http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=64565 .) Sunday it get's the big annual lube job and a new aluminum wheel well cover built to replace the plastic one that went away somewhere on the road last year.

4. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

i checked all the ground wires, everything looked great, so i took the battery down to autozone to have it tested it only read 3 volts, they charged it up now it,s reading 10 volts, but no cold cranking amps. the battery has a date stamped on it 01/2012. im thinking about calling the dealer i bought the camper off of last year see if they would pro rate the thing if i buy a new one off them. see what they say

5. Bob Bourgeois

Bob Bourgeois "I'd rather be camping"

I sent her on to a new home, with a nice new family to enjoy. Waiting to get our HTT, then we'll see what we do next.

6. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Got the TV and pup washed. I think we finally got the last of the caliche off of the diamond plate - from the road work we encountered on the way to the CO Rally last year - that stuff is stubborn! We plan to wax and polish them tomorrow (weather permitting), plus the Thule roof-top carrier in preparation for camping season. The Thule usually stays on the TV until fall, so we try to get a coat of a good UV protectant on it at the beginning of the season.
    Put the battery on the charger to top it off before putting it back on the pup for the season.

A week and a half to the first trip of the year.

7. StevensFamily

StevensFamily Excited about camping!

So far we have built a new lower cabinet, next week we are getting new tires, get her all stocked up for our Memorial Day trip and hopefully before fall we will have a new roof or have patched the one we have. Gotta love the ole' ABS roofs. Eventually I would like to make/sew some new curtains, and possibly recover the cushions. In the meantime I'm doing my research and scanning the forums for tips and tricks... [;)]

8. rolodetective

rolodetective New Member

Bought the pre-owned popup in November last year, so the day I bought it it went into indoor cold storage. Didn't even get to mess with my new toy.

In the off-season I bought new ties (on the rims) from e-trailer. So yesterday I took off the old tires/rims removed the hubs to find brand new bearings already installed. I took the bearings out anyway and using a very cool bearing packing tool, packed the bearings with Red and Tacky. Re-installed and mounted the new rims and tires.

Greased the lift system from underneath with Red and Tacky.

And....since I'm a little OCD I started a process of DEEP cleaning. I removed all the exterior lenses and cleaned them and the fixtures they snap on to. Remarkable how dirty those things get.

9. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

Other day removed wheels and bearings. Picked up new wheel bearings yesterday. Going to pack bearings today and get pup back on it's wheels. Bought a used Coleman lantern last weekend,so want to put in new pump kit and build a box to store lantern in. Then it's time to start rewiring trailer lights. Going to be a busy week,but with rain forcasted most of week,I can't work outside.

10. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

While DH polished the TV, I applied 303 Aerospace Protectant to the pup and Thule box. I thought the pup looked just fine after yesterday's bath, but it really looks good with the protectant on it. I need to find some good cleaner and polish for the diamond plate, it looks a lot better than it did, but there are still lots of dents and tiny pits; we'd like to prevent any corrosi0on from starting.

Found out the spare tire support bracket was loose, so DH got that tightened up. We can't do much about the places that the tire &/or cover wore through the paint, in a nice arc, but I made sure to get the 303 on that section a couple of times.

Got the battery installed for the season. Lubricated the stabilizer threads.

Working in NM spring weather can be interesting, I had to time spritzing the 303, and later the window cleaner for the TV, between wind gusts. Winds were about 20mph with gusts to 30 - not too bad, but avoiding getting spray in my face was definitely one of my goals.

11. bondo54

bondo54 Active Member

Put air in tires and changed pail of Damp Rid just inside by the door.

12. Michoshisho

Michoshisho Member

Took her out on her first trip of the year. Man it felt good to get out there again?

13. scsteven

scsteven New Member

Lets see... new brake controller, found the brake lines to trailer were cut from rubbing on frame, fixed that, new tires, aired up spare, greased/lubed entire lift system... that was just today. :D

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

14. yetibiker

yetibiker Darksider, family adventurer

PUP is still stuck in the back yard. When this second winter ends, I will reposition it out of the ruts, level it and see what surprises winter brought.

Today I modified my Curt hitch extender bike rack. I didn't like that it doesn't come with a receiver for a ball mount of my choosing; my PUP was climbing uphill to the TV. I pulled the ball off the rack and slid a 12"x2" receiver tube over it, drilled a 5/8" hole through it for a hitch pin, and then pinned in a 2" drop ball mount to the new receiver. Then I used a holesaw to carve away part of the rack that was preventing it from tilting back far enough to open the rear barn doors of my TV. This mod also gained me some more room for the bikes

15. MIKE5208

MIKE5208 New Member

Opened up the camper and found that I've won the yearly winter battle with the mice! No damage and one poor mouse that enjoyed the bait i left behind laying on the floor in the corner. Currently giving it a good cleaning and covering the roof with a new coat of waterproof sealant. Looking forward to the camping trip next week.

16. yetibiker

yetibiker Darksider, family adventurer

Here is that hitch bike rack mod

[​IMG]

17. sonicblaze

sonicblaze New Member

Opened it up for the very first time ourselves! We measured all of our storage so we can figure out what kind of storage tubs to buy.

Also ordered everything to add brakes, new ceiling lights,and fan/light combos.

18. Starcraft Away

Starcraft Away New Member

Built a box for my new bal leveler [:D] [PU]

19. Bjess

Bjess Quiet Time

Just bought it Friday. So naturally I went for a weekend trip to a local county park. When I got home with it today I gave it a good exterior cleaning and a coat of my favorite spray wax.

20. apesydaisy

apesydaisy New Member

I would like to know where you found this faucet if you don't mind. I'd like to replace mine soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.