So, what did you do for your camper, February 2012?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdad

bigdad Active Member

I am doing a shower mod and a hot water heater. Rockwood freedom 1910

2. papachaz

papachaz New Member

today i bought a new blow out plug to blow the water out of the lines. also bought new covers for the city water hookup and the black/grey tank drains. got one of those wally world bag holders for DW, and we're looking at replacing the border around the inside since it's coming off in places, AND in DW's words, she 'abhors' it

3. db8rtidwell

db8rtidwell New Member

Finished rebuilding the sink countertop and re-installing the sink and hand pump in the '94 Jayco 1006 today. I was amazed, when I pulled the old countertop off, at how little there was in actual framework under it. I built that up to hand the "ups and downs" of a flipover galley.

Now if I could get a warm enough day to put it back in the camper!

Russ Tidwell
    Garden City KS
    1994 Jayco 1006
    2009 Honda Pilot

4. bildoo

bildoo New Member

I was stapleing up my insulaton in the garage and manage to drop my hammer tacker on the back plastic of my Coleman. Now there is a big hole for me to fix this spring.

5. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

6. jim123

jim123 New Member

here are the photos for the new cabinet and propane tank mounting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. bondo54

bondo54 Active Member

Removed 3" of snow off from it and said to it I'm sorry I don't have a nice building to put you in.

8. kitphantom

I'm in a gathering mode, so we are ready to get mods done when we have a chance:
    The battery cut-off switch and new heated mattress pad arrived this week.
    I got a piece of pine shelving to use as a new counter when we remove the sink; DH gets to do the cutting, routing, finishing and installing that.
    Ordered a lock for the battery (http://www.b-drvbatterylock.com/) that someone on here had used. It will give more security and be easier for me to handle than the original nylon strap, which I find difficult to get tight enough. (Since it appears we will be opening the box to attach the solar panels, easier will be better.)
    New owners of the old pup pick it up tomorrow.

9. JohnB1953

JohnB1953 New Member

Well lets see Yesterday(Sat) I instaled the rear tire carrier that I built then finished installing the new flooring. Today looks like I will try to install the new roof vent and the electrical cord cover on the outside of pup. If that all goes well I should have some time toput the finishing touches to the interrior cabinets to get them ready to install. Well that should about do it. Not sure what will get done Monday.(I have a 4 day weekend) Wish me luck John

10. bondo54

bondo54 Active Member

Got to stop reading these post. I just ordered a battery lock bracket from http://www.b-drvbatterylock.com/ myself. In the last 4 years I've replaced the nylon strap 3 times do to breaking and once do to coming off going down the road used a rope till I stopped at a store and bought a strap.

11. JohnB1953

JohnB1953 New Member

Well today was another good day. I had to make 2 handles for the pup for lifting the roof. Beats me how one would break them but that was how I got it. Also replaced the electrical plug side door and Installed the new roof vent. I guess it wasn't a half bad day after all

12. slicvickie

slicvickie Member

Drove by the storage lot today, got out of the truck and patted her on the bumper and said..."Soon Baby, Soon" Sigh...

13. mercman

mercman Go Ahead, Be That Happy Camper!

Trickle charged the battery's and made camping plans.

14. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Camping in Tonapah AZ. Switched propane tanks.

15. chris88

chris88 New Member

I put on a new tire yesterday and I will be replacing the other tire next weekend.
    My kids are out of school for "Presidents week" and I was hoping for better weather
    we really miss using our pop up but it's raining here in Nor-CAL......

My carport is not big enough to pop it up so I can't even play inside it and find something
    to mess with.

16. Steve A

Steve A A bad day camping beats a great day at work!

I ordered two bottles of this stuff:
    [​IMG]

17. kitphantom

Still gathering - ordered an awning. I was going to make an awning out of the same Sunbrella I'm using for bunk end skirts, but found a reasonable deal with bag, legs, etc. It means I don't have to worry about having enough fabric left for the awning; I'm sure I can find a use for what I do have leftover.
    Also still working on piecing 2 quilts for the camper; my goal for this week is to be close to finishing the center sections. We measured the beds a bit more carefully last week, so I already know I may need to either make more blocks than first planned, or add more borders than I thought.

18. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Towed PUP from Tonapah to Quartzsite AZ today.

19. mschepac

mschepac South Jersey

Just picked up my portable ice maker. For some reason the DW NEVER uses ice at home. When we go camping she puts it in everything. Got tired of the 'go buy a bag of ice' arguments...
    We will see how it does. At about $4 a bag at the campgrounds I figure it will take about 2 seasons to pay for itself.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Igloo-Portable-Countertop-Ice-Maker-White/15162429

ms

20. Mr Zip

Mr Zip Member

Sold It!! Bought a TT with all the trimings and we are going Seasonal. A 2012 30' Keystone Hornet. Could not pass on the deal and extras.

I will miss our old PUP but I know it went to a family who will love it. I may look for an older PUP with to put on the site for friends, if they want to stay in it. Still love this board though!!

Come on Spring!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.