So, what did you do for your camper, July 2013?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

Time to start the new "what did you do thread" - July already!

The camper is packed for our trip, so not much I can do for it at the moment.

What are the rest of you doing for your pup?

2. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

Buyin' stuff and having it shipped to my mom's house to bring back to Korea. [:D]

3. apesydaisy

apesydaisy New Member

I've got to take mine into the shop this week and have them look at the electrical wiring for the lights and fridge. After that, it's back home to clean up after this last trip. Then, we're looking into painting and re-decorating the inside. :)

4. candleems

candleems Member

Restocking. From scratch. Most of what is needed is on garage floor or on shelves. Going to give it a good cleaning.

5. Dave90210

Dave90210 New Member

Used a new anti-corrosion arrestor/lubricant I got on all visible screws, bolts, etc. Moly paste on gears. Greased visible cable, sprayed back pulley. Reviewed and updated opening/closing instruction page (for lending).

6. rotarydial

rotarydial Member

Just purchased a NTU 2005 Chalet Aspen. Our first trip is a week from today. 2 weeks dry camping in Michigan's UP. We've re caulked the roof, removed the leaking hot water tank and the 3 way fridge. Installed LED's throughout. Installed a pull out tub where the fridge was and it fits perfect. Cleaned everything from top to bottom so we can get it all dirty again. [LOL]

Attached Files:

• Tub.jpg
      Tub.jpg
      File size:
      6.1 KB
      Views:
  7. pasobuff

pasobuff Active Member

I'm on the phone trying to figure out how to pay for our repairs (brakes, wheel bearings repacked, inspection)....of course the service department closes at 5pm - which is when I get out of work!....thankfully they are a family company, so 'someone' will be able to take my check and I will just grab the camper either this evening or tomorrow.....

Then, time to pack for my road trip next week! NY to VA.....

8. lbcarr87

lbcarr87 New Member

Yesterday, we got back from our June outing. DW & I have made a commitment to go, at least, once a month during this season and so far have had outings in April, May and now June. I took an extra day off from work, on this last outing, and have been spending today washing, waxing, roof treatment, cleaning canvas, cleaning awning, and doing seal maintenance on our HTT. I'm just inside for a short break now but have to go back outside to mow the back lawn and get the camper back in her spot to wait for the next trip in July. WHEW It's been a busy day, washing an HTT is like washing a small house [:D].

9. jayco1997

jayco1997 New Member

we have this icebox rather than a 3way refrigerator and it works really good when I place a small battery operated fan in the bottom to circulate the air. well I also have a 12 volt computer fan just laying around the house so I'm thinking about installing it into the icebox on the back wall to help circulate the air and do away with the battery fan because when I reach in to grab something I end up hitting the on/off switch and it always ends up off and therefor doing me no good. I will also cover the blades with something as not to reach in and take my fingers off, lol

10. Tonimus

Tonimus Member

11. jerry_ma

jerry_ma Member

Got her road ready and checked for leaks. I didn't have it level so some water got in. But then again it was a torrential rain so it wasn't so bad.

Jerry in ma

12. pasobuff

pasobuff Active Member

I ~tried~ to pick up the pup this morning - only to find that the jack stand would not swing freely any more (worked FINE when I dropped it off!)...So it stayed at the RV dealer, and I'm also having them double-check the rear passenger stabilizer at it had dirt/grass from where someone dug it into the ground somehow.....

13. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

Hoping to replace old taillights with a new LED lights on Thursday. Leaving next Thursday for 4 days. Home for 2 weeks and gone for a week camping in Oshkosh WI for EAA Airventure. Looking forward to a week away!

14. RedRaider08

RedRaider08 New Member

We have only had our NTU PUP about 3 weeks, so I haven't done much. So far, we have refinished the dinette table with chalkboard paint so we can keep score for our domino games. We also replaced the bungees under the bunkends as one end snapped, and the other end can't be far behind. DW is working on new curtains, as ours are certainly outdated. So, in conclusion, not much but it's a start! We are taking our first trip over the 4th to New Braunfels, TX!

15. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

Got new mud flaps for $1.50 each. I took a good picture so you could read the Hyundai part number.

[​IMG]

16. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

Finally got the new LED tailights installed. Previous owner somewhere down the line used the cheapest trailer lights screwed onto the metal mounting plate for original taillights. Took off metal mounting plates and filled screw holes with Dicor and used caulk tape to seal taillights. Looks much better!

17. tconroy

tconroy Active Member

cleaned main seal all the way around, put up awning and tested out, (first time to put it up. fixed bed underside that was hanging up when pushing back in. Added velcro to one of the back rests of the dinnette area so It would stop falling down. Sprayed silicone on the bunk rail slides, Man they are smooth now!! Replace main fresh water hose and filled up my on board tank and checked the pump out to make sure it worked properly and had no leaks and it worked perfectly. first time for that too. Then broke the ball end socket on the awning when taking it down. found a set for 3.98 on the internet. got a new bag to put all the poles in and restocked the tool box and a couple of cabinets. Took a big chunk of anode rod rock out of the shower head and now it sprays good!Oh yea, cleaned the hot water tank out and installed a new anode rod. I had a list an arm long when I bought this 2 months ago and keeped adding and deleting as I went. Only thing left is clean canvas and waterproof. I have probably put a good 80 hours worth of work into it and it looks and functions like brand new!! Yea, Im ready!!! [:D] [8D]

18. corjen2

corjen2 New Member

Not so much for pup......got it shined up and ready to go last weekend. Spent the last day and a half trying to figure out brake problem on TV. now I am waiting for Monday to get a new power booster. This is cutting things close......we are supposed to leave Friday for our first and only camp trip this year.....

Dont know if I should be mad at the truck or happy with it for letting me know the problem before we left........ Would have been a little tuff towing pup with no brakes.......

19. tconroy

tconroy Active Member

20. SteveM_CT

SteveM_CT Member

I can't imagine finding something else to use for that price.

If you had gone to the BMW dealer, those would be $149.99 (mounting screws would be an extra $49.99).

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.