So, what did you do for your camper, July 2013?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qwed94

qwed94 New Member

I took mine out today. We hare having a lovely time here at the CG in a monsoon rain and hurricane winds.

2. Badger3

Badger3 New Member

Won a $2500 gift cert from a local dealer this winter so we: had bearings serviced, added scissor jacks to each corner, added Thule side table and garbage hanger with new camp chairs, got two small folding tables and folding picnic table, added new flush mount table for interior and table, new tires and rims, new Dometic screen room/awning, new camping carpet, two new studio chairs, roof mounted bike rack. Used new jacks today and lubed whiffletree and pulleys. Set to go for 2013!

3. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

I think Badger3 wins hands down... [;)]

4. PinnMcrack

PinnMcrack Active Member

Finally got my curtains installed in Milly... I'm seeing that I need more tabs but they work for now,

[​IMG]

On to install another outlet sometime soon.

5. jayco1997

jayco1997 New Member

installed the new battery and made mounting brackets for the battery box, tested the solar system, and modified the awning screen room to work with my awning.

6. CommaHolly

CommaHolly New Member

Let's see,,,,,,,

we just bought her,,,,,,so she has an appt tomorrow for the once over at the dealer to make sure everything is ok,,,,,,The fridge doesn't work (they said it did, snort), so she needs to have that checked to see why,,,,,,

DH has been starting a slight mod on the shower. We won't use the shower (the thing has a six gallon hot water tank,,,,seriously?? no thanks,,,,,,I'll use the campground shower instead) so we are turning it into a storage area for clothing, clean towels, etc. (It can be turned back easily if we ever change our minds)

she arrived kind of mildewy, so we've spent a weekend cleaning her bunk ends.

she needs new bunk supports, so hopefully the dealer will have those,,,,,,,

and of course, she'll need a really good sweeping out and floor mopping, but I'm waiting til after the repair people are done trudging through her,,,,,,

7. CommaHolly

CommaHolly New Member

oh wow, that's funny,,,,,,,,I've been calling ours Millie :)

I love your curtains,,,,,,,,,did you do those yourself? that's talent right there!

8. PinnMcrack

PinnMcrack Active Member

I got the curtains off Freecycle and cut them in half and sewed the sides up and then added the tabs for the curtain track.
    and made the cushion cover you see in the lower right hand side

9. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Took it camping for the long weekend, so it is popped up in the driveway as I get it cleaned and restocked for the Colorado trip later in the month.

The simple mod I made to the seat backs. using a webbing strap as a handle or belt worked very well. It gives me leverage to pull the back out of the set-up position, it was a snug fit before I added the pin-on covers, so is pretty tight now. It also made it easier to move the seat backs around as I packed and set up the pup.
    [​IMG]
    seat by kitphantom, on Flickr

The Endless Breeze fan, on the right of the pic seems to work well. We didn't need it in the campground, it was breezy in the evenings and cooled off well, but in the 90-100* in the driveway it is nice.

10. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

Very Nice [8D] mine is pooped [PUC]

11. tconroy

tconroy Active Member

Went to garage and looked at it.going to paint the steps and get a large funnel for freshwater fill and make my wife a light bucket and surprise is her with it.Iam so ready for camping!!!!

12. piscoot

piscoot Member

Fixed that small tear in the Sunbrella using Tear Mender and sure glad I had the Tear Mender for some reason a window zipper pulled apart!! I was able to painstakingly get the zipper together and close the window!

13. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

@piscoot
    Sometime zippers pull apart because the slider has slightly separated. A gentle squeeze is often all it needs to work again.

14. kpic

kpic New Member

As we just purchased ours NTU, I transferred the title and bought tags.

15. etool8762

etool8762 New Member

I finally did the bumper project Ive been planing. Removed stock bumper used pt 2x4 and some paint, relocate the taillights and their you have it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

Intriguingly simple...

17. tconroy

tconroy Active Member

18. tconroy

tconroy Active Member

do off today. Taking the steps off to paint and going to see about getting a new door that goes under the galley were you get access to the hot water heater and plumbing from palomino. they said take pics and send them to see if they can get a match for color. going to camping world to get a propane gauge and a fan that goes in the fridge.then going to clean around the bottom, fender wells trailer etc. gonna be hot so nice day to play in the garage. [8D]

19. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

We FINALLY found the part to attach our old Shademaker Supreme brown-striped awning to our newly painted orange Mesa. Plus we will camp again this weekend, for a total of 9 out of 14 possible days in July. That's the best part...

20. wapwap

wapwap New Member

Replaced the stupid thermostat that's 6" off the floor and impossible to read with something much more user-friendly and disconnectable! It was amazingly easy! Even though I've replaced our in-home thermostat, I expected this to be much harder to do, for some reason. I had to do a little modification to the plastic dish where the old thermostat was attached, but I was able to put the phone jack wall plate right into the same space. [:D]

And I started making cushion covers. I'm not replacing the existing ones, just covering them. It'll give a better look and will make it easier to clean because they'll be removeable. You know, for those times when my 3-year-old absolutely has to play in the mud puddle and bring every ounce inside with him. [LOL]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.