So, what did you do for your camper, July 2013?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roy and Janet Bowman

Roy and Janet Bowman Poppin' Up from Aggieland

So far: Replaced the swing down stabs with BAL crank-down stabilizers and made new valances all around and curtains for the windows (bunk curtains still to come).

2. Azuredoc

Azuredoc Member

Worked on our garage project to use a winch to pull the pup into the garage (we have to have it go in tongue first inorder for it to fit.) Garage project worked great until the brand new winch decided to only work in "out" not "in" which does not do us a lot of good getting the pup IN the garage! Researched that issue and am looking at the solenoid as a possible issue.

Went completely geeky nerd and put together a binder to keep with all our info on the pup, planned projects, and camp info. This is separate then the camping journal that is kept in the pup and is inaccessible most of the time.

Put together my birthday wish list which is almost exclusively made up of request for "toys" for the pup and camping. [:D]

3. billbillbillbill

billbillbillbill Active Member

2nd season with our pup and I am finally starting to make it ours with the basic 1st time mods shown frequently on the portal.

Added our galley shelf:
    [​IMG]

Replaced the thermostat with a Hunter digital. I put a bunch of extra wire in the dinette and mounted it with velcro so I can move it as needed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

Bought a 12" Lodge skillt for $10 off Craigslist. Like new,only used once. Love Craigslist!

5. turborich

turborich Active Member

I replaced all of the interior lights with LED's. Installed a digital volt meter. I've been loading it up with all of our camping gear. I also decided to remove the roof A/C. We won't ever need the A/C at the elevation that we camp at plus it's an additional 100 pounds on the roof that I didn't want up there. I took it off and installed a regular vent. I'm going to save the A/C unit so when I go the sell the pup the new owner can decide if they want it.

6. Bitting

Bitting New Member

Our curtains were a mess when we bought our used PUP. We love it because it has the king size bed bunk ends but the curtains were mildewed and gave the camper an awful smell. I tore them down within the first first 2 weeks of having it and was itching to put up new curtains for privacy this summer. So for July 4th we went for a nice long weekend to Shangri-La in Milton, PA and put up our new curtains. Loving them!! Thanks to a fellow Portal memeber for the suggestion put them up with rope and S hooks it worked great and they look great.

7. Bruze11

Bruze11 New Member

Ahh..removed the weather stripping around the top, cleaned and put new weather stripping on. Then had our awning bag restitched to its spline. during the winter we will get a new bag but in the meantime it works. We will never travel with it outside the pup again! Found a small company her in CT that does all canvas and vinyl work. awesome job! and he has a pup!

8. etool8762

etool8762 New Member

I removed all the canvas today, tomorrow ill be using simple green to clean it , also i have a hot water(180deg) pressure washer to get ALL the stains out. Ive read here that some people have used pressure washers with great results but I bet they didn't have a hot water unit. I have my own company and have done awnings (canvas and vinyl) that looked brand new after I was done. Here's hoping :)

9. gmskat

gmskat New Member

repaired our awning today!! Our awning come apart from the rubber piece that slides into the channel strip on the pup. We decided to go with pop rivets and washers to attach them back together. turned out really well and fells very secure now. picked up a kit from harbor fright tools that had rivets and the gun needed. also picked up an extra box of rivets. we went with the 1/8 x 5/8 rivets and placed a 1/8 washer on backside to secure it better. the rivets do not hinder the awning on the channel at all. also replaced the old nylon rope guide lines that were worn out with new para-cord!!!

Attached Files:

10. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Finished cleaning it after the 4th of July trip. I wish I could figure out how to keep the fire extinguisher from moving against the band/bracket that holds it into the niche - I find red paint dust after almost every trip. Not that it really hurts anything, just another type of dust and dirt to clean up.
    Packed it for our trip to Colorado beginning Friday, it is our longest of the year and includes the PUP Rally. Glad we got it folded down after it dried from the bit of rain we got last night and before the storm I hear rumbling at the moment drops any more moisture - we need the rain so badly it is worth it to work around what we're getting.

@Bruze11 - when we got our awning last year, we decided we would not install it permanently, after seeing many posts about rotten thread, spline, mildew, etc. on awnings that lived on a pup. Our pup is small enough we can fit the awning in the TV (not pretty, but it fits). We'd considered making a PVC tube similar to ones people use for patio mats and attaching it to the roof rails, but it would make opening the Thule more difficult. Our other option was to just install for each trip and keep in in the garage (our pup lives outside) the rest of the time.

11. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Bought a new Hunter digital thermostat to replace the stock one for an upcoming popup mod day.

12. camper2009

camper2009 New Member

Installed new(replacement) fire extinguisher today...

13. kpic

kpic New Member

Our Triton water heater and shower-changing room tent arrived!

14. Jayko

Jayko Jayco 141J aka Big Bertha

During our last trip we had 9 people in our camper due to rain. Last weekend we opened it up and cleaned it from top to bottom.

By the way, armorall protectant spray works wonders on the windows. Cleans off the water spots and protects.

15. msuce99

msuce99 New Member

Cleaned the fabric with Iosso Mold & Mildew cleaner, then applied Iosso water repellent.
    Replaced the old AC gasket and built bracing to reduce the sag in my ABS roof. [8D]

16. Blue2

Blue2 I teach them how to light fires, safely.

Put on clothes line under each bunk around the ends with eye hooks and para cord. Replaced all lights with LEDs. Made new curtains. Lubed the whiffle tree. Re glued on the plastic edging all around the sink and interior stove. Added a second 20 lb tank to the front. Added a fan in the fridge and outside of the fridge to increase efficiency. Bought a new battery. Detailed the interior and exterior.

17. jayco1997

jayco1997 New Member

I finally found the time to install the roof vent. I assembled the fan and the housing from parts I picked up gradually and than added a 6 pin switch in order to run the fan forward or reverse. Cut the 14x14 inch opening, fished the wires through the ceiling and than jumped off the lighting circuit until I can find the time to add wires on its on circuit. I just needed the fan to run off of the pup battery for the time being because there is no electric where I camp.

18. apesydaisy

apesydaisy New Member

I'm picking up the Popup Queen today from getting her electrical wiring fixed. Hopefully that's the last repair needed for a while...the money is getting really tight.

19. Jeepin Dad

Jeepin Dad New Member

Sold the pup to a nice family. Been booking quite a few trips for the NTU TT.

20. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

Good for you, bud! Hope you got what you were asking for it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.