So, what did you do for your camper, July 2013?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeepin Dad

Jeepin Dad New Member

Got close to our asking price which was more than we paid for it 2 years ago. With the upgrades we did we about broke even, plus we got to use it for the last 2 years.

2. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

It just doesn't get any better than that! ^5's! [:D]

3. generok

generok Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

We totally unpacked and repacked again. Our son left for the Army, so we thinned out some extra blankets, towels, etc. I also installed Reflectix in most of the bunkend windows (except for the really long one between the door and far bunkend. I also reapplied some Scotchguard to the canvas and a little bit of seam sealer on the lower seams to prevent moisture from wicking in if pillows and sleeping bags are up against the sides in the rain. I also replaced the greywater drain cap with one that actually has the little retention cable on it. We "lost" it last time, only to find I had placed it on the siderail and there it was when we raised the roof. No more of that.

The only unique thing I did on the Reflectix mod was I did not make templates. I simply measured the opening and roughed out a piece of material. Then I held it in place and trimmed around the edge of the window zipper with siscors and was done. From the outside, they look perfect, and from the inside, well, they don't show since the window flaps are closed with the Reflectix in there, so honestly I didn't figure it mattered all that much.

I have to find a new latch arm for the center latch on the cargo compartment up front. The two end ones work well, but the center is loose and water gets up in there when towing. I'll have to play around with that one.

Of course, I washed it, checked tire pressure, and oh, lubed the lift system and checked the wiffletree. All the eyes were closed and cables looked good.

4. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

Assembled a 3-way tank adapter so I can connect the camper supply line and the Eccotemp or a BBQ at the same time without always having to switch connectors or relight the pilot on the fridge.

[​IMG]

Read More here: http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=74552.0

5. Hutch85

Hutch85 Member

Caulked some cracks in the plastic corner caps on the roof with ProFlex sealant (man, those caps are cheaply made!), and patched a couple of spots around the fan housing. I don't think the spots would have leaked, but better safe than sorry. I'll have to do a more complete R&R of the caulking on the roof before fall comes.

The front storage area cover is getting a few cracks in it, even though we don't put any weight on it. I imagine it will crack more after next month's outing to a campground that's accessed via a gravel road.

We purchased a new portable grill for the trailer as we weren't happy with the basic one that came with it (the one that you can hang off the side of the trailer with the metal frame) - seems that no matter what flame setting you use, everything burns on it unless you wrap it in foil. We went with a Coleman Roadtrip LXE, with an adapter hose to use a 20-lb propane tank instead of the 1-lb tanks. We lose the capability to connect it to the trailer's propane supply, but we weren't really a fan of grilling right next to the trailer anyway. Would have liked to get a Weber Q220 grill, but with the stand you're looking at $100 more around here. Both the Weber and Coleman LXE seemed to have good reviews, so we'll see how it goes.

6. bondo54

bondo54 Well-Known Member

Seems I don't have A/C I put in a GFI plug in my pup and hooked it up to the unused 20amp breaker on my converter. Just in time for my week long trip starting this Sunday the 21st.

7. Jflyboym

Jflyboym Member

I removed everything from all cabinets, scrubbed the pup from top to bottom. I fixed all the curtiian pull strings and restocked the camper. I also bought a BAL leveler, an awning mat and some awning lights. We are headed to Holiday World next week!

8. themanfromvan

themanfromvan Van, PA - Near The PA Wilds

Mowed around it.

9. kpic

kpic New Member

The last items on the need list arrived, so weather permitting it is camp driveway tomorrow night.

10. cowgrlup20

cowgrlup20 New Member

OMG! [:D] What we have done to our pop up this month is a a mess... We started off the month with a 89 1006 deluxe jayco that needs some real love. The canvas is shot, the roof is bad and the back corner of the wall and floor is bad. Then I came across another pup that was too good to pass up a 91 palomino. Again in need of some real love. The canvas and roof were good but the floor and walls were no good at all. Then GOD bless me and craigslist.. lol You should know my hubby has banned me from craigslist. I found yet another too good to pass up 1985 21sd starcraft. So need less to say my yard is full... We have torn down the 91 pal to nothing but parts. The 89 will hit the shop next where we will break it down to the frame and then the magic will start. We will rebuild and piece together all three to make a working unit. [RTM]

11. jroos

jroos Member

We purchased our NTU PUP just before Independence Day. Prior to us it sat for two years and collected dust and rodent waste.

So far we:
    • Replaced a missing jack wheel
    • Replaced the back left winch cable
    • Removed and freed up seized lift system pulleys
    • Found out the winch was busted and rebuilt it
    • Scrubbed all of the canvas with awning cleaner (6 hours)
    • Removed and machine washed all of the cushion covers
    • Tried to purchase a tire inflator for TV, PUP and inflatable things
    • Replaced missing door top retainers
    • Completely scrubbed down every inch of the PUP with various cleaners to remove years of dirt and mouse product.

So far my DW has sewn screen patches on at least 3 dozen screen holes with several dozen left to go.

Our goal is to have it ready for a camp backyard sleepover for our DS's birthday at the end of the month. We have a long way to go yet.

12. Dave90210

Dave90210 New Member

Getting ready to go away this week. Popped, aired out, cleaned, checked lights, wiring, fridge, DW and MIL cleaned all cutlery, etc. Was cleaned after last trip, not necessary, but, WTH. Keeps them happy. Leave in a few days, so looking forward to it.

13. IslePilot

IslePilot Member

New Goodyear Marathon tires. $100 each x2. The old tires didn't appear to be shot, but since the PUP is NTU, I feel better knowing what the tire history is.

14. Tribble

Tribble New Member

15. drhuggybear

drhuggybear Member

We cleaned it out and traded it in on ... a TT (ducks)

[​IMG]

Our new trailer ... the girls have already named it Zoey. We will be picking it up Friday and possibly breaking it in Friday as well.

16. generok

I just cleaned out the burner on the 3-way fridge and adjusted the shield. It seems to light easier now.

17. 94-D2

94-D2 Happy Campin'

Insulated the back of the fridge for airflow, installed an outdoor and an indoor fan switch for the duel fans mounted above the louvre baffle. I also repaired a 36 LED panel. Added two LED fixtures to storage trunks and two on tension rod shelves over the sink and stove. Finally, I added an adjustable leg to my potable solar panel.

18. generok

Just torqued the lugs to 85 ft lbs. They moved, so I guess it was worth the check.

19. jjg

jjg Member

We bought our 95 Palomino camper the end of June and have been spending every weekend fixing it up for our camping vacation starting next week. Here's a list of everything we did. I would like to thank everyone who offered advice as I have posted many questions on the forum.
    1. Gave it a thorough cleaning inside and out. Made it look a hundred times better.
    2. 2 new wheels and greased the bearings.
    3. Put on a new wiring harness. Old one was pretty snug when hooked up to TV. Got very frustrated, had a grounding problem until I matched up the
    proper wires.
    4. Installed new tail lights.
    5. Mended tears and holes in screen.
    6. Replaced water pump,
    7. Cleaned up water heater burner tube.
    8. Fixed cassette toilet. Needed a new flasher (got from CARQUEST). This was after the fact that a bought a new pump. So I have a spare pump now.
    9. Fixed a small leak in water storage tank.
    10. Had to repair a small roof problem and rechaulked the seams.

It is now ready to role and we cant wait to get it to the campground and have some F-U-N fun, fun, fun.

20. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Been living in PUP close to 2 weeks and no problems so far. Must be some kind of record.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.