So, what did you do for your camper, July 2013?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

Bought a gently used 4" memory foam mattress topper for pup. No stains at all. Previous owner said it was only used twice in their motorhome. $50! I love Craigslist!

2. Dave90210

Dave90210 New Member

This is a first for me. Popped on the portal while camping, on iPad. I've built the standard shelf mod, put up yesterday after set up, initially using pressure only. After it came crashing down not once, but twice, I got sheepish and smart. Short screws through rubber caps, into roof, and base, and T + 24 hours, solid as a rock. [8D]

3. Dave90210

Dave90210 New Member

2.5 days and shelf is holding well. Man, I'm good! [:D]

4. aaronlohrer

aaronlohrer New Member

Gave the pup a scrub down. Took off the canvas and put in new bungee since the old stuff was pretty bad. Installed the new bike rack. Just have a couple of more things to do tomorrow for that. Then we're off this Thursday through Sunday to Wickiup Reservoir in Oregon!!!!

5. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Cleaning up after 2 week camping trip. Rinsed out gray water tank. Switched out empty LP tank with new one.

6. 45ACP

45ACP New Member

This Month: Removed all DC stuff from my camper, installed a new breaker panel for 30amp service, installed new interior ceiling, rebuilt 50% of all the cabinets with Oak, removed all the old flooring, reinstalled all the canvas, and removed all the countertops (will be re-laminating them with the High Definition laminate that looks like real granite).

7. Cant Wait

Cant Wait New Member

Pics when you have time sounds like it will look great

8. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

We've had ours out camping since the 19th, incl. the CO Rally. Most everything is working well. The awning got caught by a gust of wind yesterday morning, and broke a small plastic connector, also pulling it out of the sockets on the side of the pup. Since we were inside when it happened, getting out of the door without damaging it was fun.
    The campground at RMNP seems to be windy a lot of the time, at least so far during our visit, so we're just leaving the awing stowed. (Our table canopy, bought at the end of last year, had a wind issue at White Star, so we had already decided to leave that in the bag. We're already researching replacements for that.)

9. azpup

azpup "never a bad day"

Took everything out and cleaned all surfaces and cabinets inside and out and repacked it. Ordered a new table from Mission Restaurant Supply www.missionrs.com because we found out that finding a 40 x 30 table top is not an easy task. Table top was $38 and shipping was $25 with 3 day shipping! Tops are reversible too. Filled propane tanks, bought a new battery and bought a trunk organizer at Harbor Freight which my DH needed :)

10. 45ACP

45ACP New Member

Its been a while since I was able to get back to work on it. Give me a few more days. I plan to laminate all interior flat surfaces (cabinet tops). When I am finished with them I will get all the pictures up for all to view.

11. kitphantom

For August, we're cleaning up after a 2-week trip. I'd start the new, August thread, but seem to have lost the correct button!

12. Cant Wait

Cant Wait New Member

Replaced the inside door panel that was smashed in when I got it Had to make some adjustments to door. Gave it a needed bath and ordered LED bulbs for interior and porch light .

13. tconroy

tconroy Active Member

cleaned some of the vynil I could reach with it only up 2 feet. Put a few items inside to get ready for week after next trip and fixed the leaking city water fill, aired the tires and siliconed up inside the plastic end caps. Yep Im ready!!

14. popupmurf

popupmurf New Member

Painted the tongue of the frame, installed a dual tank bracket system & Adco cover, and replaced the awning screw channel gasket and caulking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

Added a sway bar stow bracket. Just a place to rest the sway bar at the camp site - i less thing to take off and store and put back on. It's an old drapery rod holder, slightly modified, and screwed to the frame.
    [​IMG]

and in use:

[​IMG]

16. Carlosrod

Carlosrod New Member

Added a new pair of shoes. Repacked the bearings, clean the brake system and cut and painted the rotors.

I have been looking for the right product to clean all the black grime and stains. After numerous attempts, I finally found one that works. Bleche White works wonders. Pup is all nice and clean and actually white instead of dirt.

Next is a shelf unit for over the kitchen and sink areas.

17. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

Cleaned and made it smell good [:D] Waiting for a down pour to check for leaks, will dry out and pack for Hurricane Season [:(O]

18. kitphantom

Finished cleaning and repacking after my trip the week before last and the one coming up at the end of this week. It only took us two days and several attempts to get it folded down, it kept raining just about the time it was dried out and we had time to close it.
    We have a couple of small repair jobs, such as re-securing the Velcro for the PUGs to the inside roof edge, and make a cover for the hole created when we removed the old thermostat niche. I hope we can get them done after this trip, we have the rest of Sept. at home and one camping trip scheduled for Oct.

19. TreeHuggerYogini

TreeHuggerYogini New Member

September,2013...[o!!!o] [NEON] [BBQ] [CF]So sad! Have yet to camp this season. [:!] Had to put money aside to have repairs done, [MOD] elect, gas, lift system, and told them what else they found lacking, waiting on the call from the shop on how much!!!. Hoping to camp this month(Sept.) in the mountains of NH [CP]. Looking forward to doing my own rehab inside after reading all the posts here, got the fever!!! :) Thank-you to all who posted their info. [RTM] [NTBK]
    [HY] [TV]. Looking forward to reading thru the posts!!

20. HappyCampingDad

HappyCampingDad Joshua 24:15

We bought our popup back in June, and have been doing quite a few minor repairs to get it ready for our first outing to Branson, MO the first week of October. Here's a pic of our NTU little beauty:

[​IMG]

My first job was replace the front left telescoping lift assembly - the front corner of the roof had a crack and water had run down in the tube and froze over the winter seizing it so it wouldn't go up at all. It was an easy fix and did that a week after buying the PU.

I also replaced the left rear stabilizer jack, it had a pretty good twist in it - looked like somebody at some point had forgotten to put it up before they pulled away from the campsite. Another easy fix.

I didn't really care for the tongue jack platform that came with the camper:
    [​IMG]

So, I built a new one using treated 2x4's and 3/4" plywood. Took a piece of 3/16" steel plate and welded a circular bead on it for the tongue jack to sit in the center of. Painted it with some rustoleum, and the platform with exterior paint I had laying around and fastened the plate to the top:
    [​IMG]

Pulled the wheels and adjusted the brakes and checked and packed the wheel bearings. I will not be using the EZLUBE feature on these hubs - I have heard too many horror stories of grease getting all over the brakes. It's an enjoyable process for me to pack bearings, so they will get that treatment once a year.

I also am tired of the draw bar in my receiver rattling so badly because of the slop in the fit. Looked on etrailer for solutions, but didn't want to spend a lot of money, so I took my drawbar and ran beads of weld on all four sides, took the angle grinder to them until I could just slip the bar into the hitch. Hit it with primer then rustoleum and it doesn't rattle now!
    [​IMG]

Washed the entire camper this weekend and then checked all the caulking and removed some of the old and added quite a bit to the top. Had the chance to give it a good turtle waxing tonight, so it's just about ready to start packing!

Blessings,
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.