So, what did you do for your camper, June 2012?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by bondo54, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shuswap

Shuswap New Member

Did the shower rod pantry mod today.

2. mtnkube

mtnkube Member

did that one also. I also replace the old square faucet with a regular sink faucet and added a 12v pump to the FW tank. Ran fresh water to the cold side and city to the hot side.

3. Firetoad

Firetoad New Member

Replaced some rotted flooring in the storage compartment, replaced the front wall of the storage compartment and added some diamond plate to the front of the camper.

[​IMG]

4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Wow that looks great ........ [;)]

5. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

I moved it.

I had a back-in slot at the storage lot and have been on the waiting list to get one of only seven pull-through slots in the whole place. I was at the head of the list and one opened up. It will be a lot faster and easier to pick up and drop off the trailer now.

6. nancyanddan

nancyanddan Well-Known Member

Woo-hoo! Just scored a set of the high-wind Pop up Gizmos for our pup on ebay!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=230813200567&nma=true&rt=nc&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D230813200567%26_rdc%3D1&si=kaX8GI6lrbUWeMnIy8CVhlpTjfk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_500wt_1169

We checked the sizes, and to be sure called and spoke with Bob at Pop up Gizmos. He confirmed they're close enough and will fit just fine. And they should be here before we leave on vacation in early July. [:D]

We also got one of the sink drain pvc pipe mods on ebay; looks like this guy makes and sells them:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/160681307983?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_938

Right now I can't think of another thing we need to buy for the pup. [LOL]

7. TNTtravelers

TNTtravelers Member

We sold our other pop up (of course after making all the improvements) and picked up another "project" for a good deal. This past weekend we put in a larger vent with a fan, and replaced the hinges on the door. So far, in between our rainy weather in MN we've added a new porch light, patched the screens, replaced the tires, added a new gas line. The boyfriend had new fender skirts made. We also took off the edge pieces and replaced the seal and put them back on with new white "track stuff" (I'm the "technical one"). We added an additional outlet inside and installed one on the outside of the camper. We also replaced the cover for the electrical cord and the water. The only real thing we need to do is get new cushions for the bed. I was thinking air mattresses but he's not so keen on that idea.

8. nomoretent

nomoretent Member

Patched torn corners of canvas around bunk ends, installed permanent vent for portable AC unit, cleaned and re-stocked, reorganized, a few spots of silicone where the 3M 5200 has cracked, re-mounted the lisence plate, got a new TV, got reflectix for the windows, and replaced the master cylinder in the hydraulic brakes (etrailer.com rocks - thanks for the tip!). Oh, and took her camping.

9. Jake4243

Jake4243 New Member

Completed the bunk end shelf mod

Tools
    [​IMG]

Hardware
    [​IMG]

Finished Product
    [​IMG]

10. daveo1289

daveo1289 Well-Known Member

Removed and cleaned the awning. Lubed bearings and generally cleaned and readied the PUP for our next trip.

11. IVBENS

IVBENS Member

Replaced power converter, door spring, window drape and some of the water-inlet covers. Picked up the spring rods and shelving for the over-the-galley storage mod and some LED lights for the interior. Found a Yakima system that fits the roof rails on our pup (thank you Craigslist) and loaded her up for our first 7 day trip to the Maine coast.

12. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 New Member

Well, it's July 1, but these are the projects for 2012 that are now complete:

1. Two new tires - our 2000 Jayco Kiwi still had the ORIGINAL tires...YIKES. The spare is original but the tire place said it is not dry rotted out and is fine.

2. Re-packed the wheel bearings - that hadn't been done since we got the camper in 2005.

3. Replaced the rear passenger side taillight assembly that had disintegrated and turn signal and running lights were no longer working. Replaced the lens cover on driver side.

4. New battery

5. Fresh LP tank filled up.

6. Got new in box Aero Bed Full for $79 from eBay. Our other one was several years old and too many patches and new punctures. The price was great. We have Select Comfort mattresses at home so we are spoiled by air mattresses.

7. New clips for the sway bars.

I won't even go into what mess we had last year but lets say we had to gut out the floor and replace it from leaking bunk ends on our hybrid. If it wasn't for our neighbor, we'd never have camped in it again.

The only thing I would like to get fixed this year is being able to run our refrigerator on propane. I blew it out with air but still won't stay lit. I think that, and maybe new awning will be on the agenda for 2013.

We go on our annual trip to the Finger Lakes Wine Festival on July 13 - 15. This year we're staying at the KOA which is about 2 miles away from the festival. I feel very confident that the camper will be good to go now for many years to come with the new tires and wheel bearings repacked. Now that our youngest has graduated from high school, I think we're going to camp more than just the annual July trip to the Finger Lakes Wine Fest.

I also dedicate this camping season to my Dad who lost his 2 year battle with cancer on May 15. He and Mom were full-timers for 15 years in a 37 ft motor home, then bought a place in Arizona and had a 23 ft. camper they used in the summer when it got too hot. This picture was taken about 6 months ago:

[​IMG]

By the way, last year someone's TT was not able to be towed to the wine festival, so they pitched a tent in the asphalt of the infield track at the Watkins Glen Race Track. They were camping behind us. Check out their tent and a/c mod. They figured they'd already paid over $200 for their site and they were going to use it!

[​IMG]

13. BajaPup

BajaPup New Member

Sorry to hear about Dad, but it sounds like he may have gotten to spend a lot of time going places he loved. Good for him.

Sounds like you completed a lot of work recently. I hope your wine trip let's you enjoy the dividends. Even with an AC, camping on hot asphalt amidst a bunch of RVs wouldn't be for me.

14. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Cleaning and making small repairs to first PUP in order to sell it.

15. Steve A

Steve A A bad day camping beats a great day at work!

Last month, since indeed it was last month just a few days ago:

Took Roamie out for brake check, bearing lube and seal replacement.
    Got the truck oil changed and new tires for 2000+ mile trip.

Got "bling"
    [​IMG]

Went to Sequoia RV Park to meet up with 28 other vintage Apache owners driving through (in order), WA, OR, CA, NV, OR, ID, OR, WA.

We had a blast on our 2450 mile, 12 day trip.

Now we're readying for another trip to the Olympic Peninsula in two weeks to meet up with other Apache owners.

16. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Installed dorm fridge. We will have electric hookups most of 2 week trip.

17. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

Love your license holder, Steve. :) Have a great time on the Peninsula!

18. IVBENS

IVBENS Member

Gave her a bath, painted the frame, picked up some bike holder attachements for the roof rack, sterilized the water system.

19. dmiller_tiac

dmiller_tiac New Member

Where did you order your kill switch from? Mine finally died (has been inconsistent for a couple of years, but now its broke).

20. bronconsherri

bronconsherri GO GATORS !!!

New tires, re-packed wheel bearings and finally did the fridge mod. What a difference that made. Also installed the dollar tree door alarm. And thoroughly cleaned the inside and lubed the lift system. Getting ready for our annual adversary camping trip. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.