So, what did you do for your camper, June 2014?

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by kitphantom, Jun 1, 2014.

1. MarcnAngel

MarcnAngel New Member

I am going to follow this idea, I think it's great. However; I am contemplating increasing Grey and Black tanks or just additional storage. Please keep us posted. [MOD]

2. sydnisamsofi

sydnisamsofi New Member

I posted another thread in general weather for the hail storm so as not to take up space here!

3. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Replaced weathered grease cap on EZ Lube hub.

4. Scoundrel

Scoundrel New Member

Finished the bunk end shelves.

Installed new digital thermostat.

Replaced faucet. Thought I could go with a laundry faucet with a pull out nozzle, but no center hole in the sink, so just went with a slightly better version of what was in there.

Got a 2 inch memory foam mattress topper! Hope the top closes with it in place!

Got my Pop Up Gizmos, Socket Jenie and toilet drain valve all delivered today!

It's gonna be a great first season in this baby! I can't wait to take her out this weekend!

5. AZJim1

AZJim1 Member

Adjusted my new brakes (installed in November with one trip on them). Cleaned sand out from our trip to the beach. Replaced the low side hot water valve. (Replaced the cold side last year.) Cleaned sand out from our trip to the beach. Sanitized water tank and flushed out hot water heater. Got rid of more sand. Changed batteries in digital thermostat and carbon monoxide detector. More sand. Made beach reservations!

6. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

We looked at a different pop up over the weekend. Was hoping to look at another tonight,but with storms rolling thru,I may have to wait for another day.

7. etool8762

etool8762 New Member

New canvas arrived from bear creek, got out of storage cleaned out and old canvas off. found rot in front curb side roof [V]

8. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Had to replace a broken receptacle cover under the dinette. Also started laying out plans for indoor LED accent lighting.

9. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Take a look at these, they work great. And cheap too.
    IKEA lights

10. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Tonight, I will try to find the tube lighting that I received from Christmas from DH. I have NO IDEA where I stashed it!

We closed the PUP down very quickly last night for the impending storms/tornado warnings. So, we'll pop it back up tomorrow night to let it finish airing out and giving it a once over before the Ontario Rally in July.

11. chrisxs5

chrisxs5 Test

Added a Fire Alarm. Used velcro and put it above the door. So I can take it up a down. Added the levelers. they have the little beads in them. They suck. I will let them fall off and continue to use a real level.
    [​IMG]

12. DieselLibertyCRD

DieselLibertyCRD Member

Cut out new vinyl decals tonight! They will be going on the camper this weekend as long as the rain stays away!! [​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

13. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

I've been gathering, in anticipation of opening the pup to restock/prep to go to the Quad-State Rally.
    The new PUR dispenser has arrived; we use that for water in the pup, it fits well on our limited counter space. Looking at the new one, we realized how aged the plastic on the old one was. Guess it was good we broke it in the kitchen, not on a trip. (We could do without, but it makes things a lot handier.)
    Found some shelf liner, made in USA, that is smooth on top. I want to put it on the floor in the "nightstand". I put a piece of rug, after realizing thing were being damaged with the grit on the floor as I slid them in and out. That hasn't worked well. I may also try to line the "floor" of the galley top, just to make it a bit nicer.

14. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Not for the pup, exactly, but it will be handy in the pup. I get a lot of reading done on trips, most of it on my Kindle, though in usually have a couple of books too. My current Kindle has been getting a bit funky, it is the older "keyboard" one, and I realized the thought of it totally failing on a week or two-long trip was a little scary.
    So, I ordered the Paperwhite version. It will be easier for me to read in bed on my solo trips. I've never found the ideal lighting for the bunk end, even the fan/light combo would be in the wrong location. (At least on the center support, I've never seen one pictured on the side supports.)

15. kellieh04

kellieh04 New Member

We made our solar blankets and also my cords to keep them on the camper. I made our solar panels for the windows. We installed some indoor/outdoor carpet. I tore apart our cushions and recovered them. I re-did our curtains and valences. We made some extra bed supports for our larger family members. We made some really nice hard sides for our shower. We got memory foam for our bed. We installed a paper towel holder and attached it to a storage drawer. Got our gray water tank set up put together for our sink and shower. That's it for now. [;)]

16. Ridge-Runner

Ridge-Runner New Member

4 coats of white rubberized roof coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '02 Chevy Suburban
    '99 Coleman Westlake

17. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

I got my Kobo Glo for this exact reason! Love it camping. And I can adjust the font size without wearing my glasses!! Love it!!

18. Grandpa Hiker

Grandpa Hiker Member

I hope that you enjoy your Paperwhite as much as I enjoy mine!! I take mine with me almost everywhere I go .... even occasionally to the porcelain throne room!

19. pasnowlady

pasnowlady Member

Sanitized and flushed the water system and holding tank. That took care of the funky taste. Started packing it for our vacation trip.

20. oeagleo

oeagleo Caching, and Photography!

With the help of some of the experts on here, I replaced the Power Converter in mine, I blew up the old Centurian when I connected the battery wrong, so I replaced it with a nice, new WFCO 25 Amp unit! For me, quite a job, but all the help I needed was right here on the Forums!
    Next is installing the Trailer Break-Away switch that I scored on E-bay for .99c, plus something like 5.20 postage. New, in the box, guess no one wanted it 'cause it was winter.
    I may consider moving the fresh water drain "plug" thing on the outside with a petcock, but am still weighing the pro's and cons of that one.