So, what did you do for your camper, June 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2015

I did the floors yesterday. This last weeked I painted, replaced the knobs and since the hinges were riveted and I didn't want to drill out that many Rivets, I painted them, so technically those were done in May. I've been working hard at doing some major ABS repairs too. I can't wait to post that before and after!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Apr 27, 2016
  • Greased the heck out of the winch system (while very carefully avoiding the brake mechanism!)
  • Fixed the height on the rear roof by adjusting the height pulley, now the door fits, yay!
  • Greased the lift springs
  • And last, but very much not least, cleaned out the ignition mechanism for the fridge and got the old girl working. Woohoo!!!

Demi

May 31, 2016
Well, since my vehicle is broke down and we are waiting on parts ... we have been doing some pen and paper work as far as the camper. She's been popped the majority of the week with us in her most nights until late working out details.

Updates:
- Picked out the direction we want to go with flooring at Lowe's
- Purchased our radio/speaker set up (pic to come once the radio is in)
- Made a list of how many cabinet doors/hinges/etc that we need to replace
- Measured for shelving units
- Replaced all the lights to LED's
- Thinking about a new door lock/handle
- Got to figure out what to do with the window treatments
- Think we know what we want to do for new seat cushions

Apr 27, 2016
Replaced the broken drawer guides in our PUP.

It took some finagling because I needed drawer guides that were 1 1/4 inches wide, and the biggest Lowes carried were only 1 1/8 inches wide. But a stove burner and a hot screwdriver later, I was able to make them work.

It's so nice to have drawers that don't fall out when you open them... [:D]

I'm finally starting to feel like I've made progress with my huge list of things that had to be done. Getting the whole lift system greased up and working well, and getting the fridge up and running were two HUGE hurdles that were hanging over my head. Hopefully I'll be done with all of the essential stuff soon and get to move on to all the fun things I want to do to our PUP. [;)]

Winchested

Jun 19, 2015
Greased the slip leafs and lubed the front bushings with known penetrant. Hopefully the squeaks are gone will know Friday...

Hoomi

I write everything the voices in my head tell me.
Jul 20, 2012
We replaced the tire that blew out on our trip home from the Arizona Spring Rally.

We still need to pop up the trailer so we can give it a quick cleaning and inventory check for our upcoming week-long trip, but it was just a bit too hot today to spend much time outside.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
@Purplepachyderm- I love the turquoise!

We gt home today, after 8 nights out. I'll post another report elsewhere, but it was a great trip, with 3-1/2 hours of washing food and equipment boxes when we got home. Suffice to say, it is time for us to revamp our packing system, again. We last did a major change a couple of years ago, and just tweaked things after buying the TT and then the N2U TV.

I leave again a week from Wednesday, for the Quad-State Rally, so that pushes us to get things done.

gardenbliss

Super Active Member
Dec 9, 2013
San Diego
I lubricated the wiffletree, sprayed the lift system pulleys with silicone, used the magic eraser to rub out the marks on the outside of the camper, sterilized the water system, and organized my camping supplies.

Fuzzy Bear

Mar 3, 2004
Norwalk CT
Took it out on our first trip of 2016 to Housatonic Meadows SP in Sharon CT over the weekend. Everything went smoothly even on Saturday night when it started to downpour around 2 am and were dry as could be in the PUP.

silvermickey2002

Morris County, NJ
Sep 11, 2008
Morris County, NJ
Cleaned, inspected and repacked the bearings. Installed new grease seals. Cleaned and adjusted the brakes.

Purchased a new faucet for the sink. Also purchased stainless steel braided supply lines to replace the Pex lines.

Ductape

Super Active Member
Jun 12, 2013
Cut drilled.and welded the bumper mount bracket to accept our new Weber Q 1200 grill. Modified the Weber to run on the camper's low pressure system

Ductape

Super Active Member
Jun 12, 2013
Also installed my RGBW led light strip...

Attachments

• 20160603_192428.jpg
    20160603_192428.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
  • 20160601_162043.jpg
    20160601_162043.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 40

shelmily

Super Active Member
Jun 7, 2012
Northeast Pennsylvania
Put a new set of tires on it. The old ones were 5 years old and starting to show sidewall checking. With trips to Ohio, Maine and Vermont this summer, I figured it was a good time.

Dubbya

Wherever you go, there you are...
Aug 2, 2011
Steinbach, MB
BigBaron said:
I looked at it longingly... [:(]

Almost two years now since we've been camping.
C'mon, Baron! After all that little Clipper's been through just to get to Korea, you've gotta get her out of mothballs an do some camping this year! [:D]

Dubbya

Wherever you go, there you are...
Aug 2, 2011
Steinbach, MB
Today was maintenance day! Repacked the bearings, rotated the tires, aired them up and adjusted the brakes. [8D]

3hooligans

Jul 27, 2014
Boston
Ordered and received a new LED strip, I ripped the old one over the winter. And ordered one for the bed of the truck.
Made another trip for Labor day

davez26

Jul 19, 2014
Installed a step and actually took her out!
a219f6b0e9bbd26c4745ea19badf547a.jpg
408ff1d053647374dec22723f5f6b885.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts