So, what did you do for your camper, March 2013?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carmenh

Carmenh New Member

I drove to Niagara Falls to pick up some stuff I had ordered from Camping World. Got a propane tank cover, a new sewer kit, extension cord, water filter and pressure regulator. I think I'm all set, now all I need is some decent weather!

2. BarbaraFaith

BarbaraFaith New Member

I continue to miss her. She's been in storage since mid-October, and there seems to be no end in sight to this MN winter. DH ordered a new antenna so that we can maybe get some tv signals when camping. I continue to buy and cross things off my "Needful Things" list.

3. fritz_monroe

fritz_monroe New Member

Replaced the overhead light bulbs with LEDs.

Camped in the new Roo for the first time. Came up with several other mods that I want to do on in. Ordered some switches for some upcoming electrical mods.

4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

Moved the new curtains even farther down the "to do" list. Apparently the hanging tab things of our model are not easy to come by. I could reuse what we have, but stitching would literally be a pain, using the stitch holes of the original. The parts guy at the RV dealer suggested something from Lowe's as a substitute, but haven't had a chance to check that out. If I can't find a substitute or the real thing, eventually we'll change the rails and tabs. At least the curtains do work, so I have time to look.

Ordered a small metal shelving unit through Walmart, to use on the counter. We just need something to put a few things on, and raise the thermostat so it isn't hidden behind the paper towels, etc.

5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

OK lets see ....... work on PUP or use the snow blower? Guess snow blower wins .... [:!] [:!] [:!]

6. DragNfly

DragNfly New Member

We went camping last weekend and got to test drive the new wall mounted heater which worked wonderfully.

"Where did all this dirt come from?"
    "I don't remember us putting the camper away this dirty"
    "We need a central vac system. How hard can that be?"

7. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

just made a phone call to the mine storage told them im comming up fridsy morning to bring my baby home, wash her up, repack with all my goodies, then hopefully start camping first or second week in april.

8. jerry_ma

jerry_ma Member

I brushed off the snow YET AGAIN :(

9. camper2009

camper2009 New Member

Someone on here back in Feb I think it was, mentioned they installed mud flaps on their rig after which several persons said they ordered some to install as well.. I had at that time said I was going to look for a used flap off a big rig to cut up and use.
    So today I went into the local IH dealer to see if they might have a broken one in the garbage or whatever.. The counter guy said no, but a new one was less than 10.00..
    So I picked up a brand new rubber tractor/trailer mud flap for $8.55 incl tax... It is 24" wide by 29" long. I will cut it into two 12" wide and a length to suite and install as soon as weather permits.. for far less than I saw in the stores or online.
    I am happy...
    G

10. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

Got started on putting everything back into the pup for the season. We have the first trip of the year planned in a month. I want to take time to reassess as I repack it, some things we don't use, and others need to be changed a bit. I got new utensils and dishes, so have to add & subtract in both the pup and regular kitchen boxes. I also need to retrieve things that wandered away from the pup supplies for other uses over the winter.
    Realized we cannot just change out the curtain rails for new drapes; the canvas support and drape rail are all one molded piece. We'll figure out a solution eventually, the current drapes should last at least a couple more seasons. They are actually in good shape, though the backing has gotten nicked in a few place. However, they are exactly the width needed to cover the larger window, so we need to be precise in drawing them at night, which is more important in some campgrounds than others.

11. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

Just put last coat of poly on dinette base reinforcement and front cable cover. Bought new tote for kitchen utensils. Looking at adding an outlet with weather proof cover to storage area under dinette since it's under reconstruction. With an outlet there I can put outlet strip on top of cabinet that replaces sink and fridge. With weatherproof cover I don't have to worry about anything accidentally making contact with outlet. Still going to add an outlet to door side of pup. I'll do that after I get back from Florida for work.

12. robynbanks

robynbanks New Member

not much so far but have started a modification so far only removed the refrig, converting to storage. never used it anyway

13. camper2009

camper2009 New Member

swept about 9 Inches of snow off the roof this am...so tired of winter weather and its now spring...

G

14. chris4963

chris4963 Member

Bought it, pulled it home a week ago and haven't even popped it open been to busy. Needs a little roof repair and a few modifications and I'm replacing the nice purple shag carpet to wood floor very first thing.

Chris
    74 StarCraft Starmaster 6

15. xshield

xshield New Member

Pulled it out of storage, cleaned/checked and packed it. Heading out this weekend for 5 days. I hope the rain will stay away. [:)C]

16. CamperJenn

CamperJenn Member

My new LED tail lights from princess auto arrived today :)
    Then realized that I'm missing the mount for them, so ordered that.

Won't install the lights till spring.

More snow on the camper though... Sigh... Winter go away!!

17. TonyL

TonyL New Member

Removed old, froze up master cylinder and installed a new one for surge brakes. Still need to replace the slave cylinders and bleed the lines.

18. bccamper

bccamper Member

Need to replace the battery.

19. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

Need to paint roof with rubberseal, have it caulked [8D]

20. Tracysues

Tracysues New Member

I'm going to pop her up today!!! It's only about 43 degrees; but the sun is shining!!! Tomorrow is going to be warmer, and sunny as well!! Gonna start tinkering and get her ready! I am so ready to get out and camp!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.