So, what did you do for your camper, May 2013?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam III

Sam III New Member

She is completely packed both inside and on top. All I need to do in the AM is hook up, put the electric cooler in the truck and head south for 4 hours.
    The DW and I are super excited to see how long it takes the daughter to figure out where we are going.
    She does not know that they have a campground at Disney!! This will be awesome !!

2. beemerboy

beemerboy New Member

I set it up in my yard and I'm sitting in it right now.

3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Wayne ..... me too. I'll cut the grass tomorrow ........ maybe.

4. Big_kid

Big_kid Virginia Beach, VA

Last weekend after days of rain making me want to gather animals 2 x 2, I tried to pull it out of the back yard. I couldn't get back to it, let alone pull it out, the mud was too bad. The next day I tried again, I hitched up, moved a foot forward and half a foot down. I unhitched, hosed out the tire treads, drove around the block to sling off what I'd missed, laid down planks & plywood, then got it out of there.

Finally getting it out front, I scrubbed the green off the roof, then popped it up to find... ANTS! UGH! RAID! After dealing with them I got to cleaning and checking things over, all looks good. A few days later I found a few more ants hiding in a cabinet I'd missed, but I got them too.

Sadly, I had to pack it up before the city got on me. They consider having a camper not behind a fence a felony now. Being a locksmith, a felony conviction could be a problem for me.

Now it's time to consider creative ways to finance a few trips in it...

5. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

after the last camping trip over memorial day weekend, i heard high winds dropping berries on the roof pinging all night, so i finally got around to washing the roof off so this comming weekend i will have a nice white camper at the bantm jeep festivial in butler pa

6. kozmos

kozmos New Member

Heck no! I just took note of what was where when I opened it up. My wife and I packed it together so most of the stuff will probably make it back to a spot close by. I was really just taking inventory when I did this. The actually layout drawing was just a learning exercise for me though.

7. mamaflyzsolo

mamaflyzsolo New Member

Attempted to start this is May, but it definitely carried into June. :)

- Washed everything inside and out and took care of any mildew that may have appeared from winter storage
    - Sprayed the canvas with "conditioner/water repellant"
    - Restocked the trailer with the housewares, etc. and tried to rework some storage ideas...this is always a work in progress
    - Traded out some rusty looking screws with stainless ones(inside). I don't seem to have a water or leak issue, but the screws did turn over time, and when the pup is closed, the rust transfers onto the canvas depending on which ones are located where. [:!]
    - Cleaned the awning and re-mounted it

*Took it on the 1st trip of the season(May long weekend) and definitely gave the furnace a work out....all weekend long....brrr

From this trip I now have to figure out how to fix one of my awning poles that a friend twisted wrong when trying to help me set up my site. :( Any suggestions? I just bought all new poles last year and I would hate to buy new ones again. I suppose the aluminum is too easy to bend/break or my friend is too strong. Lolol

8. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

They are surprisingly strong vertically but not so much horizontally!

You can buy extendible tent poles from Canuck Tire OR, even better, just make your own from 1/2" galvanized electrical conduit. They'll be MUCH stronger than the aluminum poles but they won't be adjustable.

If you need special ends for them, just take them off your bent or broken poles. They're usually pressed or riveted in. Drill out the rivet, pull out the end, put it in the 1/2" conduit, drill a screw hole and drive in a screw to hold the end in.

For more tips, just do a site search for "awning poles".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.