So, what did you do for your camper, October 2013?

MiamiCamper

Feb 4, 2013
fmbhappycamper said:
Packing it to leave Wednesday for the Everglades [8D]

Everglades? Where at?

I didn't add anything to the camper, but, I did accessories my Tundra with a Yakima roof rack and two new Malibu Fishing Kayaks! Now the wife, boy and I can enjoy some kayaking while we are camping!

1x94.jpg

oyia.jpg

jdubois

Apr 3, 2013
We *emptied* 1 of the LP tanks, around 4 AM. Since it was 37 degrees, I had little choice but to crawl under the bunkend and swap the hose to the full tank. I guess the NEXT thing to do is get one of those dual-feed LP hoses I keep reading about on here.

apesydaisy

Apr 3, 2013
For the month of October, I will finally be spending some time getting it cleaned up again and re-organized. It's been a hot summer [SUN] and is just now cooling down enough to really get out there and have some fun!

tconroy

Super Active Member
Apr 25, 2013
I just got done winterizing it and found out my 3 Way valve on the cold waterside going into the water heater does not shut off completely so antifreeze ran into the water heater but I still manage to get pink coming out of all the faucets andshower so it looks like I'll be replacing an adding 2 half inch valves three ways.I've been cleaned every nook and cranny and put furniture polish on all the wood and changed a couple of doors around cleaned out the fridge got it propped open and now I'm just sitting in it because I don't want to put it up yet [:(]I have some stains to deal with on the canvas curtains but its gonna have to wait till spring when it warms up

nancyanddan

Super Active Member
Dec 2, 2011
Last weekend we added a new nitelite above the door in the pup:

photo%20%2859%29-M.jpg

[LOL]

And put on the new Camco cover:

http://tinyurl.com/m6v5qjn

It's really nice, by the way. Our ADCO cover only lasted about 1.5 years. This one is much sturdier and better made. A bit more pricey but worth it. :)

bropaul

Super Active Member
Aug 7, 2009
Our baby just had it's lift system inspected and lubed, brakes checked, wheels packed and a new 7 way plug! [:D] All ready to head to the Midwest Halloween Rally in a week!!! [:)C]

Diane

Unstable_Tripod

Well, there's your problem!
May 20, 2008
Seattle, Washington
I didn't get time to take care of camping stuff yesterday so I went to the storage yard today and brought the TrailManor home. I was going to work on it there but found some extra things that are easier to do here. DW and I removed the bedding and food as well as other things like dish washing and laundry stuff that might freeze. I double-checked the hot water tank and drained the hoses in both showers (inside and outside).

I had hoped that these things and a good cleaning inside and outside would be all that was necessary but while inspecting it I found some places where I need to re-caulk seams (where roof and sides meet). I also need to adjust the torque on the torsion bars to get a bit more assist when lifting the shells.

It has been cloudy, chilly and damp here the last couple of days -- not comfortable weather for outdoor repairs. The forecast is for good weather through the weekend, though, and I hope they are right. I'd like to be done by Friday evening because we are going to my daughter's place for her 37th birthday on Saturday.

bropaul

Super Active Member
Aug 7, 2009
Byrd_Huntr said:
Hooked it up to the TV. Tomorrow at dawn we ride! Superior National Forest and Lake Superior, here we come.

Hopefully the facilities will be open at the Nat. Forest! They locked ours two weeks ago but they didn't kick us out of the primitive sites... the CG was shut down and everyone had to pack it up and they locked the gate! Happy camping!

Diane

RotnMom

Am I there yet?
Apr 4, 2011
Byrd_Huntr said:
Hooked it up to the TV. Tomorrow at dawn we ride! Superior National Forest and Lake Superior, here we come.

OMG! We lived in Superior from 94=98 and rode our Wrangler all over the SNF!! Small World. [;)]

[:D]

woobie

My PUP is newer than my Tow Vehicle
Sep 30, 2013
I just installed a new porch light (Smart Light 1000 by Star Lights) with motion sensor on my 96 Bayport. The Mod was to put an off/on switch in the fixture. My PUP does not have a on/off switch inside the trailer. I also bought the optional amber lens. Photos...

IMAG0807_zps879393e1.jpg

IMAG0808_zps0cde1fdf.jpg

IMAG0812_zpsa933d7f0.jpg

IMAG0811_zpscbacf138.jpg

Very nice LED light! Even if you want to leave it on all night you won't have to worry about heat. On the other hand...In motion mode, you will know when that bear comes snooping around.

hotrodcamper

Super Active Member
Nov 3, 2012
Bought a double pie iron at an antique flea market for $5! Never used! Started winterizing pup for winter. Lots of memories from camping this summer,but hopefully next summer will bring many new memories.

goody59

Nov 5, 2011
woobie said:
I just installed a new porch light (Smart Light 1000 by Star Lights) with motion sensor on my 96 Bayport. The Mod was to put an off/on switch in the fixture. My PUP does not have a on/off switch inside the trailer. I also bought the optional amber lens. Photos...

IMAG0807_zps879393e1.jpg

IMAG0808_zps0cde1fdf.jpg

IMAG0812_zpsa933d7f0.jpg

IMAG0811_zpscbacf138.jpg

Very nice LED light! Even if you want to leave it on all night you won't have to worry about heat. On the other hand...In motion mode, you will know when that bear comes snooping around.
Nice one. Don't forget to caulk and seal the unit to the side panel to avoid water ingress.

Genie2010

Super Active Member
Jul 30, 2013
I had it's lift system inspected and lubed, and wheels packed. Might go out one more time before thorough cleaning and closing her up. [V]

pawseyte

Jun 14, 2011
nancyanddan said:
Last weekend we added a new nitelite above the door in the pup:

photo%20%2859%29-M.jpg

[LOL]

And put on the new Camco cover:

http://tinyurl.com/m6v5qjn

It's really nice, by the way. Our ADCO cover only lasted about 1.5 years. This one is much sturdier and better made. A bit more pricey but worth it. :)

Hey it's the lamp from a Christmas Story. SWEET!

xshield

Feb 11, 2011
Enjoy seeing the mods. I must be the "redneck" of the bunch. [:D] I used an entire roll of duct tape to repair my awning bag. The awning is in super shape but the bag is dry rotted and falling apart. I could only find silver duct tape so now I have a unslightly silver awning bag hanging from the side of my pup. It looks aweful but is fully functional...so far. I'm hoping to get another few months out of it and replace it around the end of the year. Heck who knows, maybe I'll switch it over to red and green duct tape around the holidays. [LOL]