So, what did you do for your camper, October 2013?

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by kitphantom, Oct 2, 2013.

1. lonewolf465

lonewolf465 Member

This is almost identical to our situation. We had a great time this summer. 41 days camping, 37 of those on a trip to Alaska and the Yukon. I came home and did a bunch of mods. [MOD] Finally collapsed her this week. I was just visiting with my wife that it would be 7 months before we would be camping again. We are both sad. [:(] [ALPU]

2. bduck40

bduck40 Member

Was going this weekend one last time, DW threw her back out, so just took it to dealership to be winterized. OH well done till spring

3. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

Pulled the batteries out to trickle charge while waiting for our TV to be repaired. It's gonna look new 'cause a genius t-boned it! I'm thinking we'll get 400,000 km out of it now! :)

4. timo4352

timo4352 New Member

Bought her a new tarp and covered her up for the winter, sadly. [:(]
    We got 6 inches of heavy wet snow 30 miles south of here and I couldn't risk leaving her setup. Bummer - NTU camper we didn't get to use yet. Oh well -"til spring...

5. nimrod65

nimrod65 Member

We wintertized it and are waiting to put it into storage next week.

6. WendyLouWho

WendyLouWho Wendy & Marlin

Sheesh, I feel like a wimp. I cleaned the curtains, am working on adding something to them like vintage fabric strips and going to shine up the wood (laminate) floor this upcoming weekend now that vintage inventory is reduce. Whew.

7. shfd739

shfd739 Member

I replaced a leaky city water connection. Converted the 30amp cord to a detachable style. Added a new connector to the propane tank that will let me run a hose to our portable grill. Installed a new Shademaker XL awning. Hopefully will get the front ABS cap bed lined before the months over as well.

Now we're looking forward to the rally in 2 weeks and lots of winter camping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

8. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

she went to the caves yesterday for winter hibernation, there she will quietly sleep until march 26th

9. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

I was able to fly home, and squeeze in one more really long camping weekend in it.

I inspected and touched up some roof caulking right at the campground, and replaced both front vinyl screw covers on the corner trim. I took half of a small extension ladder with me. Then I towed it home Sunday morning and winterized it.

10. Camp-N-Nuts

Camp-N-Nuts KrustyKamper

Just put her to bed for the Winter in the neighbors metal pole building! Waaaah! I'm cryin'! [:!]

11. marines0811

marines0811 New Member

Cleaned winterized and ready to put away in the garage iwinter sleep.
    a couple weeks for her h

12. kpic

kpic New Member

Cleaned the roof with Bleche Wite. Now it is ready for next year's dirt. [;)]

Hoping for one more or maybe two outings. One of the advantages of living so close to SC is we just might get one or two more. [:D]

13. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Getting ready for a 6 day Moab UT camping trip: 3 nights at Dead Horse Point State Park and probably 2 nights at Horse Thief CG (BLM).

14. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

shfd739: Where did you pick up that awning from, and are you happy with it? I'm looking to pick up that awning, mainly for the feature where the arms anchor to the camper frame, and not the ground.

Do you have any pictures?

15. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Got it from rvawningsrus.com. Price seemed a little lower than others and the shipping wasn't bad. So far we like it. Being able to anchor it to the frame is why we chose this one. I'll take some pics this week and post them along with some install details as I haven't found any when searching the forum.

16. goody59

goody59 Member

Just wired near our bed end up a second 12v DC cigarette socket inside the Pup for a 12v DC LED reading lamp. Both items are on their way from Ebay sellers. Also ordered from Ebay a double pole double GPO 10 AMP to replace the single outlet near the bed. I will need to be mindful of the total load amps of this unit compared with the single as wiring is in 10 AMP circuit I believe.
    In completing this wiring I noticed a fairly large empty void next to the 3 way fridge. I may have to think of some way to use the void in the future by adding another drop down draw opening maybe?

17. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Brought it home from the last trip of the year. We didn't get home until about 6 p.m., so only popped it up, unloaded clothes and bedding and began the laundry marathon. This week, I'll remove all paper goods, etc. and scrub it out before closing it up for winter.
    On the drive home from Grand Canyon, we tossed around ideas for updating some of our packing system, in the TV and pup.

18. qwed94

qwed94 New Member

Well I winterized mine today. Pink stuff is in, Mice detterent is out. Bedding/cleaning supplies/paper goods-out.

Im not going to cover the tires/wheels this year because they are rotton, and I will replace in the spring.

19. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

Today's progress, I finally figured out what I wanted for a battery tray. I'm only going to have a few LED lights so these will last a long while per charge. And a simple switch panel.

The top switch is the master, next 2 will be inside lights 1 front and 1 rear, the 4th switch will be an outside amber light. I may end up putting in a 12v socket to run a portable DVD player for my son before bed. I just need to pick up a couple hinges. I'll put a drawer on the bottom and 2 doors with shelves inside to finish it off.

[​IMG]

I need to get a long bolt (I have a bracket on top and a hole drilled between them) and wing nut to tighten them down. Also there is a fuseable link at the battery.

[​IMG]

It wont look factory with my skills, but it will be functional and safe.

20. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

That battery tray won't take more than one good bump before it comes down! Battery trays are made of steel for a reason.