So What Did You Do For Your PUP Today? July 2012

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by sydnisamsofi, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNTtravelers

TNTtravelers Member

oops..asked for pics before reading the rest of the thread

2. Rodger D.

Rodger D. New Member

3. 3sons

3sons Only good at Drinking Beer

I traded my 5.0 Ford Mustang for my pop up so i brought it home and started packing stuff in it and cleaning. Cann't wait to use soon it's our first pop up. The first trip is going to be in the back yard or really close to home to get use to it. [CP]

4. Hoomi

Hoomi I write everything the voices in my head tell me.

I checked a couple of surplus computer fans I have stashed here at work. One is rated at .15A @ 12VDC, and the other rated at .10A @ 12VDC. Actual measured current draw on them was .144A and .064A, respectively. Start up requires a bit more current, but both should remain below the capabilities of a 2 watt solar panel. A 5 watt panel would be able to easily handle two of the higher rated fans, or three of the lower current rated fans, without pushing the limits.

Granted, these fans are not going to put an appreciable load on a deep-cycle battery anyway. I put a 109 Amp-Hour battery on our pup, and a .15A fan should be able to run for over 700 hours if it were the only thing drawing on the battery. Keep the solar panels hooked up during the day to replenish the battery, and it should not be any problem at all over a multi-day trip with other devices in use as well.

5. Lablover

Lablover Member

Loaded it up to go camping tomorrow. Yipee [HYC] [PUT] :grin: [CC] [DOG] [DOG]

6. Hammer_2012

Hammer_2012 New Member

I sold my '99 Stang last month to get our trailer. Today I finished washing and puting a sealer on the oustide, and 303 on my every so sensitive ABS roof LOL.

Cheers,

7. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Still cleaning up/detailing 2002 Coleman/Fleetwood Utah to sell. Keep thinking of things to improve appearance. Almost done.

8. campindaddy78

campindaddy78 Gone Camping &/or Hunting

Didn't mode anything (yet). But I did fix the electrical work, the plumbing, cleaning of slips/canvas, & will be repainting exterior next week.

electrical work finished
    [​IMG]

canvas cleaning
    [​IMG]

9. 3sons

Hammer did you have to get the PUP like me for the family? I got 3 sons now so we all would not fit in the stang. We all can enjoy the PUP. I think i will probably get another stang or old muscle car when the time is right or maybe if we get into the camping maybe a bigger camper. Hope you have some good times camping since we got rid of the stang. We can always do a burn out in the minivan [:D]

10. Hammer_2012

Hammer_2012 New Member

Well I didn't have to get rid of the Stang, unfortunately I just wasn't using it much. With 2 young boys, and major house renos the car barely moved in the past three years! And well car shows aren't too exciting when you chasing after little ones telling them to stop touching all the cars! LOL

We had a small PUP already but were thinking of something bigger, whith the recent addition to the family. And unfortunately with the young kids and major house renos my stang barely moved in the past 4 years. So I decided to sell it and use the money for something the whole family could be more involved in. And yes another stang is always possible in the future, when the time is right.

I'm sure we'll have great time camping, hope you enjoy your's. And no burnouts for me, kinda hard in an all wheel drive Adrenalin LOL!

Cheers!

11. Talonman

Talonman New Member

Tomorrow I will be pulling our first one, does buying one count and doing something for it?

12. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

Re: Re: So What Did You Do For Your PUP Today? July 2012

Pix on Popup portal or the net?
    It's what I thought it was-forced air over the heat exchanger.
    I'm for the continuously running fans. I'll just put a lighted switch next to the reefer controls.
    I disconnect the battery when it's parked anyways.

Me, the wife, two kids, a dog, 6 tents, 18 sleeping bags, and a trailer. I think we need more stuff! LOL

13. 3sons

hammer yeah i guess as we get older and have kids it becomes alot more about them then us. I tried take them to a car show and had the same things happen as you with them touching every car and not wanting to walk and wanting to buy everything. Good luck and happy camping. [HY]

14. Camp-N-Nuts

Camp-N-Nuts KrustyKamper

You sound melancholy! [:(] Don't give-up on those kids...we can't make them be like us! My dad was a great sportsmen (hi-diver, baseball, fishermen) but he never sat down and taught me any sport. He was more of a watcher and would give me (and my brother) pointers.
    All my 5 children have been their own person...probably learning more from their siblings than from me.
    Sometimes all you can do is try to guide them. [;)]

15. Shuswap

Shuswap New Member

Yesterday installed an Engel fridge/freezer in the TV connected to an agm house battery that is charged off the alternator.

16. marines0811

marines0811 New Member

cool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.