So who has started camping already?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by lpm, Apr 7, 2011.

1. 4mula1fan

4mula1fan New Member

If this dang rain will give us a break. 7+ inches of rain, and 2 tornado warnings isn't exactly camping weather. This is nuts!!!! [:(!]

2. distew1

distew1 A day without a laugh is a wasted day

1st trip this weekend in the new to us pup. weather has been rain rain rain, but april showers bring may flowers. It will be great just to get away.

3. mzmihunter

mzmihunter New Member

The family and I have 2 camping trips under are belt, hoping to get out again on Mothers day weekend if the weather holds out for us...hoping to get 7-8 camp trip in this year.....

4. ohpupgang

ohpupgang Member

Not yet! PUP is still under repair. [:(]

"Rain, Rain, go away, so I can leave for Memorial Day!" [:D]

5. highway bandit

highway bandit New Member

:)Rolled in just awhile ago from a long weekend in Great Salt Plains SP in OK, logged 730 miles and 3 days/2 nights on our maiden voyage in our new to us p-up, Hiked, crystal mined, and just chilled, was a great weekend. Good camping

6. donnie_o8

donnie_o8 New Member

We got our first one in this past weekend. It was awsome but the weather was real bad.Rained all day friday,cleared up bout 4...built a fire tested lid on beer cooler till bout midnight.Went to bed and woke up at 1:30 to a very bad thunder storm, high winds and heavy, heavy rain. we got up around 6:00 to bout 6" of water through out the campgrounds which wasn't all bad till the fury kid had to go out.....all down hill from there.....LOL. Momma wasn't happy with the wet muddy puppy in the pup but we mad it. It stayed really wind all day Saterday and it dried up rather quick. So we were back outside temps not to bad but the muddy pup still was on momma's nerves.....after a few trips to the cooler she was better and so was the pup...he learned to dig and roll...LOL..The rest of the day and evening was great the wind layed down we had a nice fire slept great. Woke up bout 6 made breakfast drank coffee took our time taking camp down got home around noon with plenty of time to scrub both pups and put away the camper...It was a great weekend....Looking forward to this weekend we are going back.If anyone cares to join us we are going to the KOA exit 9 off us23 in Petersburg Mi. They have a special going ...Buy a night the next night is free.

7. tttgmlake

tttgmlake New Member

just got off the phone we booked our first campground for this weekend hope the weather stays nice

8. colorado_camper

colorado_camper Member

9. gbberton

gbberton New Member

We have been out for 2 weekends this year once in March to St. George, Ut. and last weekend to Moab, Ut. St. George was sunny and warm, Moab started out sunny and ended up very wet, but we had a great time on both trips. :)

10. Ken1967

Ken1967 Can't wait to Camp!

We have had first trip booked for two months. April has been cold and wet. Hope May it better! May 19-20th! I set up our pup yesterday in yard! All cleaned up and aired out! Bow into the porch and shed to check gear and get organized! Can't wait and am jealous of you all who have been out already!

11. chocoholic8

chocoholic8 Livin' the pop up life!

Just found out my first 2011 trip is this weekend so I'm packin' fast. The Oscar Mayer Weinermobile is going to be at our local KOA this weekend and if THAT isn't a reason to going camping... I don't know what is :) Gotta love it!!!

Sign me,
    oh i wish......

12. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

We were there and it cut short our 8 day trip to 4 days to head home for the basement in Georgia with the Super Cells coming our way. Too many tornado warnings (close touch down too on 4/22 in Winchester), too much rain, but it was a nice visit and we'd like to come back to Kentucky - in better weather - and go further west to see Mammoth Cave. [:D] At least our park reservations (CG and gov't. cave tour) were refunded with only a slight fee. [A]