socal campers

Discussion in 'California' started by sg1215, Jun 4, 2012.

1. sg1215

sg1215 my God, my Country, my Family, my Friends, myself

hi campers and campetts:

has anybody camped at Lake Isabella? I'm planning on taking my granddaughter there camping and fishing.
    I have never been there and would like to go there with a little knowledge. She is 11 and loves fishing and this will be our first camping trip.

2. spchguy

spchguy New Member

I grew up there. So.. That said they have some good sites some bad most are forest service and thus dry camping. I know many like Tilley creek in wolfford heights or up in kernville. If you go farther up river they also have nice sites along the river. Stay away from anxilary dam. I do know of a private camp in kernville with hookups but cannot think of its name at this time. It is not a bad area and Lake Isabella, though small, can help you out if you forget something

3. sg1215

sg1215 my God, my Country, my Family, my Friends, myself

thanks spchguy
    I reserved a spot in Paradise Cove. It looks like it's right on the water, this will help since I can't walk to far. I read today that the fishing is good, but then again we are not going until Wednesday. getting restless

4. spchguy

spchguy New Member

You should like Paradise Cove. It is pretty close to the water and the sites have a little breating room so you are not on top of each other unless you are in the RV lots, but they do not fill those often. The nice thing about that camp is if you can't walk far you can drive up to the water edge. I knew many who thought it was good fishing but I don't fish so I never tried it. Have fun and enjoy your time.