Socket Jenie for Flagstaff

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by Mamie, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

I was looking at the Socket Jenie to see if it would help me to lift my camper. I saw the various pics, but for some reason I was double checking to make sure that I was getting the right thing. It's a good thing I did because the one I was looking at won't work on my camper. This is the one for Flagstaff

Socket Jenie LVSG-623 For Flagstaff.jpg

2. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

Yup sorry!! I should have known that Coleman's were different!! Do your stabs use the same thing?

3. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

This one doesn't even have a slot for the stabilizers, but the jacks on my camper need to be adjusted - you can't even get the tool around them. I only have 3.

DSCF0001.JPG DSCF0002.JPG DSCF0022.JPG

4. myride

myride Well-Known Member

I'm not an expert but...the ends of those look like they've been cut off or shortened for some reason....theread should be enough length to them to attack yhe crank to without headache.....just a thought.

5. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

It does doesn't it. But the little notches, which one is missing from the front rod, are still there. I don't know what the PO did, but I was thinking he had removed the stabilizers and then re-attached them in the wrong place. Why he didn't fix it is beyond me.

6. myride

myride Well-Known Member

....could be a possibility....question, what does the "other end" of that screw rod look like....wonder if mounted "backwards"

7. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

I didn't check that. I'll have to look. I've got a set of leveling/stabilizer scissor jacks, but they're so heavy. But those little jacks that are on there are expensive.

8. myride

myride Well-Known Member

They are indeed...have you checked for used? Not sure if you have any trailer rebuilders in your area or not.

9. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

I haven't done anything yet. I've got quite a bit of stuff that I know of that needs to be done and probably a lot I don't know. I've got to get the sideboards repaired as well as remove the side walls and check all the wiring, so there's no telling what I will find there. There is no trailer light hookup, so I need to buy that too. I found some cheap led lights and hopefully that will update everything.

Before I look for stabilizers, I'm gonna try to make one for the front and one for the rear. My camper is pretty small and so far I haven't noticed any shift or movement. But that's in the drive-way, don't know what I'll find on the road.

10. Boatnman

Boatnman Well-Known Member

It looks like the stabilizers were mounted in about the correct location - just under the edge of the frame - but need a spacer between the stabilizer and the frame so the screw is accessible. Are the stabilizers welded on or bolted?

11. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

I thought the jacks were welded on, but when I looked to see how to remove them, the one I was looking at had bolts.

I can't wait to get this thing up and ready to go. I've never been on a camping trip before.

12. Boatnman

Put a couple of thick washers between the stabilizer and the frame at each bolt. That should lower the stabilizers enough to allow the crank handle to attach.

13. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

Thanks. I wouldn't think they came from the factory like that.

14. Boatnman

Those were not installed like that by the factory. Who knows why they're that way now, but not all DIYers should be.

The stabilizers are only intended to keep the trailer from rotating about the axle, not carry the weight of the trailer. Crank them down to the ground and then add about another 1/2 turn so they're snug but not trying to lift the corner.

15. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

I agree about DIYers. The bad thing is, when somebody can tell something is not right, but fails to correct it or learn how to do it right. I didn't know anything about bending the frame. The leveling jacks that I bought for another project, were for leveling. Because I couldn't get the jacks on the camper down, I used my jacks to level it. Thanks to the forum, I have since bought a Camco leveler and a set of wheel chocks.

16. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Well-Known Member

A bit off topic, but which Camco leveler did you get? The 3 level one or the round one? I’m interested in how it works out for you as either one of the Camcos or the Andersen is on my wish list.

17. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

Not off-topic at all. I got the "cheap" one from Walmart
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-RV-Tri-Leveler-Yellow/29764486
    Camco RV Tri-Leveler, Yellow.jpg

along with
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rhino-Gear-Heavy-Duty-Wheel-Chocks/21686131

Rhino Gear Heavy Duty Wheel Chocks.jpg

I'm not sure how they work because I have my camper setup in the driveway on leveling jacks and tried to put the tri-leveler underneath the tire with a rubber mallet and then lower the level. The leveler stayed in place, but it wasn't underneath the tire enough.

I'm sure if you can pull up on it like it is intended, it would work fine. I placed the chocks in front of and behind the other tire and they didn't move either. I'm thinking if they don't secure the tire enough, I can use a cargo strap around them and then tighten them in place.

For the price, I don't think you can beat either one of those. The leveler is lightweight and it has a handle on it. Camco has a chock with a rope, which is good, but I got those two cheaper than one of them. I like cheap because I can spend the extra money on something else.