Socket Jenie Issues?

Discussion in 'Stabilizing Your Camper' started by judenray, Sep 22, 2021.

1. judenray

judenray New Member

Any experience with this vendor? I am looking for a power drill socket to raise/lower the top (and stabilizers) on my 2009 Coleman Cobalt PUP. The vendor site on Amazon says model 875 is for Coleman/Fleetwood prior to 2005, no other options listed for my year. So I filled out the form they provide for such questions and emailed it to the address listed on the form. No response for several weeks. I then noticed a different email address on the Amazon page so tried that, finally got a response after another week. However, the response did suggest model 875 for a 6 inch socket or model 877 for a 9 inch model. These dimensions were different than those on the vendor web site, and I was curious why they would say online this was for pre-2005 models, so I replied to the person who sent me the email and and asked for clarification. Also asked for depth of slot on socket as that determines how deep the socket will insert into crank. It has been over 2 weeks and no response. These sockets are not cheap so I'm not going to send money and hope for the best. Anyone else having problems with Socket Jenie? Anyone have a Coleman/Fleetwood pop up after 2005 and use one of these? I've attached a photo of the manual crank, including a line at 4 inches where it exits the rear bumper.

Attached Files:

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

I see quite a few Socket Jenies on Amazon, from $8.97 to $50. The stabs may take a different size for the crank. I know several members have made Socket Jenies from sparkplug Sockets.

neighbormike likes this.
  3. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

kitphantom and PopUpSteve like this.
  4. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Need to talk to the source. I ordered mine direct years ago. It did take a bit of research though.

5. judenray

judenray New Member

Thanks for the tip. Turns out I was not dealing with custom cylinders but an outfit called rvupgrades.com. Terrible service from rvupgrades, no response from them for a long time, then they gave out conflicting information, refused to clarify. Per your advice I will contact custom cylinders directly and go from there.

6. tfischer

tfischer A bad day camping beats a good day at the office

If nothing else Amazon tends to have an excellent return policy.