Solaire 147 - need pics of Off Road package

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by Max Barker, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Max Barker

Max Barker New Member

I have bought a 2019 Solaire 147. I am looking for pictures of the lift blocks used between frame and axle in the off road package. I want to duplicate the lift system and put 15" wheels on my camper.

gladecreekwy likes this.
  2. rabird

rabird Howdy!

Raycfe likes this.
  3. Max Barker

Max Barker New Member

That is extremely helpful. thanks!

4. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Before buying a Torflex spacer kit check the mounting plates on your axle. If it already has high profile mounting brackets which are the way most RV manufacturers order them, you can not use the spacer kit in the link, according to Dexter. I talked with someone from Dexter a few years ago and was told the high profile bracket will not take the torque the spacer kit puts on it and could twist, breaking the welds and coming loose from the square axle tube. The mounting bracket on the tube is an L, the axle tube goes through the long leg. On the low profile mounting bracket the horizontal short leg is against the top of the tube and has an additional weld to the tube, on the high profile bracket the horizontal leg is @ 3/4"" above the top of the tube. I was going to use them regardless of what Dexter told me on our Roo, but ended up reinforcing the garbage Lippert frame and during the process of adding gussets and stiffeners I raised my ride height 4" with tubes and gusseted the dexter mounting brackets.

Without looking it up and going by memory, the vertical leg on the low profile bracket measures 3-1/2" and the high profile measures 4-1/4".