Solar Blanket Recommendations

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by gatorbait, Jun 27, 2019.

1. gatorbait

gatorbait Upstate, SC

Hi Everyone,
    I am looking for solar blanket/tarp recommendations for bunkend heat. Most products on older threads are no longer available.

I will be at Hunting Island SP next month where the hurricane tore through and took out most of the cover. My site looks to be pretty sunny. Upper 90s with 1000% humidity in the sun will make at hot pup. And I have a whiny teenager.

Up to now the pugs, AC and reflectix has worked wonders. But I am thinking of covering the sides of the bunks and maybe the non-door side with reflective blankets held with binder clips. I would rather not spend a fortune on stuff I may not use again. But I don't think those silver $1 emergency blankets will actually work here. Or will they? I am thinking if I get large enough tarps I can cut them up. I have king bunks.

I was originally going to get the $12 one at Wally World until a reviewer mentioned the orange color rubbed off. Rather not turn my canvas orange.

Any ideas or recommendations much appreciated!

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

If you already have PUGs then you're good to go for Summer. For Winter, you could add a set of PopUp Gizmo Bunkend Liners and or reflectix.

3. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Seeing a lot of 20x30 tarps stretched out over the whole campers these days... Anything to get some shade I reckon...

[​IMG]
    Google image

You can get pretty well covered doing something like this... Used to see a lot of this camping up at ELKMONT CAMP in the Smoky Mtns...

Used to do this a lot when tent camping... Tarp goes over the whole thing... I finally learned to use 1/2-inch ratchet web straps instead of rope. The only way to until a rope is cut it up haha... The ratchet web straps can be used over and over again...

[​IMG]
    Roy's image

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    gatorbait likes this.
  4. gatorbait

gatorbait Upstate, SC

Steve you are awesome! I had no idea he made bunk end liners. Just ordered a set. Will be here next week! Bob is super nice. Told him my pugs have lasted about 14yrs now with no problems. I'm sure the liners will outlive the pup!

Sjm9911 likes this.
  5. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Your'e welcome. Yes, Bob is a great guy.

6. gatorbait

gatorbait Upstate, SC

So look what arrived yesterday!! Ordered Thursday and arrived Saturday. Can't beat that!!
    1561893320794844861025.jpg

HappyTraveler likes this.