Some electrical working, but some not

Discussion in 'Wiring' started by Sms133, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Sms133

Sms133 New Member

I have a 2005 Fleetwood Sea Pine. It’s been closed for the last 4-5 months, but we had a sunny day yesterday so decided to open it up. Right away noticed the voltage meter was at 0 so I grabbed the multimeter to test the battery and it read 12.1V. The outdoor light and the water pump both worked, but both indoor lights, the heater, and the voltage meter would not work. Checked the fuses inside visually and with multimeter and all were good. Plugged the camper in to AC power and everything remained the same. I’m stumped and don’t know what to do next. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Most pop ups have a kill switch that prevents the lights from staying on when the camper is folded. Often it is incorporated into the swing galley. Did you have it all the way set up?

Sjm9911 likes this.
  3. Sms133

Sms133 New Member

Yes it was all the way up and the galley was set up, but I will check the galley switch

4. Sms133

Sms133 New Member

Thanks for the suggestion to check the galley kill switch. The switch works, but wasn’t being engaged all the way when I opened up the galley. Everything works fine when I manually press the switch.

eoleson1 likes this.
  5. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

Add a small shim in the area to make the switch. I'd hate that you would have to sit there and manually make the switch all day. ;)

6. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

We had to make a small wooden "pad" for the underside of our galley to make sure the switch worked consistently.